Can you change the battery moulding in the boot

Redtom

A2OC Donor
Hi,
Just looked in my son's boot and it is wet.

The previous owners remedy was to drill holes in the plastic part, and let the water out.

I've done a vent change before, I know the cause.

Can you change the plastic part of the boot that holds the battery etc.

Tom

Hi,
Just looked in my son's boot and it is wet.

The previous owners remedy was to drill holes in the plastic part, and let the water out.

I've done a vent change before, I know the cause.

Can you change the plastic part of the boot that holds the battery etc.

Tom

Hi Tom, why would you need to replace it?

Can you not just fill the holes?

I have never even looked at the battery compartment to see if it comes out, so I will leave that to others to comment on, but I have never heard of anyone wanting or needing to do that.

Steve B

Doable yes Easy no
I know a guy who broke an A2 and took every single Nono aluminium part off the shell so he could get the aluminium scrap price as against mixed scrap
Even he left the plastic tray in place

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I understand there is a seal around the vent behind the bumper (1 each side) which can fail

Has the bumper been off recently for any work as it may have been damaged?

I believe that the only way to repair this is for the bumper to come off and repair the seal.

There should be others that have more information on this.

Neil has summed it up nicely.

New vents includinf ding seals are not an arm and a leg cost, so it would be worth asking Crewe Audi for a price.

Steve B

As far as I can tell this part is not removable.

I wanted to replace mine in the TDI75, as the brass inserts and lugs that hold the battery clamp in place,
have sheared off at some point in the cars life. (shame as its got he rare spare wheel mount battery clamp)

Ive exampined both my TDI and the Donor car ive been stealing the twist interior bits from, but its looks
to be bonded to the aluminum body in some way or may be an interference fit.

Ive also experienced water in the boot/battery area and wet rear seats, finally replaced and resealed
rear vents and OSS and car is now bone dry, carpet replaced etc etc.
There was a good few inches of silicone applied around the outside of the old rear bumper
vents when removed, so will assume this was a recurring issue !

correct bonded in place, would be a pig and a half to remove it without making a right mess of the aluminium
might some out with a LOT of heat applied to the flange area, but I doubt it

Back