CCCU - J393 problems

BusyBee

My much love Audi A2 petrol se 1.4 is giving me problems. Other than this issue the car works really well.
The fobs do not work, although they are transmitting (RAC confirmed) they are not communicating with the car.
I used to open the door manually, where the door will centrally unlock and I can drive. The lock and unlock functions on the car door will work and windows work fine.

The problem now is when I manually open the door, I no longer hear the car centrally unlock and opening the door without hearing the unlock sound triggers the fast flashing hazard lights.
When I enter the car, the unlock button on the door does not work, but pressing lock I can hear the locking sound.

The car is driveable (but not with lights flashing obvs) . The lights do not turn off when the ignition starts either. If I am. It in the car the flashing lights stop after a couple of minutes.

I had a diagnostic check carried out with Audi 4 years ago, they said I needed a new comfort pack, but was way too pricey .
A recent diagnostic check revealed:
Error 0046 Central Module Comfort System
-1330 37
-912 27
-955 35 key1
-956 35 key 2

I'm based in London, does anyone have suggestions on a replacement or repair?

My much love Audi A2 petrol se 1.4 is giving me problems. Other than this issue the car works really well.
The fobs do not work, although they are transmitting (RAC confirmed) they are not communicating with the car.
I used to open the door manually, where the door will centrally unlock and I can drive. The lock and unlock functions on the car door will work and windows work fine.

The problem now is when I manually open the door, I no longer hear the car centrally unlock and opening the door without hearing the unlock sound triggers the fast flashing hazard lights.
When I enter the car, the unlock button on the door does not work, but pressing lock I can hear the locking sound.

The car is driveable (but not with lights flashing obvs) . The lights do not turn off when the ignition starts either. If I am. It in the car the flashing lights stop after a couple of minutes.

I had a diagnostic check carried out with Audi 4 years ago, they said I needed a new comfort pack, but was way too pricey .
A recent diagnostic check revealed:
Error 0046 Central Module Comfort System
-1330 37
-912 27
-955 35 key1
-956 35 key 2

** meant to say, if I am not in the car, the lights will stop flashing after a couple of minutes **

** meant to say, if I am not in the car, the lights will stop flashing after a couple of minutes **
Hi BusyBee,
This is a common problem & there are a couple of things to try first.

1: repairing the key fob, this requires the ignition to be turned to position 2 but not started & then turned off followed quickly by pressing the lock button & then the unlock button this should repair the fob to the car (repeat for other key )

2: fob battery power level (when was new battery last fitted)

3: .disconnect the battery leads & leave for 20 mins then touch both end of the leads together this will reset the Cccu

others will be along shortly with further advice.

Hth
Keith.

Last edited:
Morning,

If the above procedure doesn’t work for you it may well be that the remote part of the key fob is a replacement and has never been paired with your A2. It will require VCDS to do this.

Remember what Ray Parker Jr once said (many times):

When there’s something strange in the neighbourhood (CCCU), who you gonna call. Tom @timmus.

In the coming weeks I’m sure he’ll be in Leighton Buzzard where he can solve all your issues and probably add a few items you desire.

Drop him a PM to get booked into his itinerary.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi BusyBee,

I offer a CCCU replacement service that can be delivered by post, at a fraction of the price that Audi charge. See this thread...

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi BusyBee,
This is a common problem & there are a couple of things to try first.

1: repairing the key fob, this requires the ignition to be turned to position 2 but not started & then turned off followed quickly by pressing the lock button & then the unlock button this should repair the fob to the car (repeat for other key )

2: fob battery power level (when was new battery last fitted)

3: .disconnect the battery leads & leave for 20 mins then touch both end of the leads together this will reset the Cccu

others will be along shortly with further advice.

Hth
Keith.
Thanks for your help Keith, I really appreciate your help. I tried the video, but unfortunately the situation is still the same.
The Fob battery's were changed a couple of weeks ago by RAC, but I haven't been using the fob for some time now. I've managed to lock and u lock the car in so many ways, I fear now I've run out of options.
After a battery reset, still no joy.
Thanks again Keith

What is the last letter (or two letters) on the part number on your CCCU? (It's visible under the triangular plate in the front passenger floor, under the carpet). And what is the part number on the keyfobs? (visible inside when you open them as if to change a battery).

It could be that the CCCU has failed which has disabled the central locking on the remotes. Or, backing @audifan's hunch, that you have mismatched CCCU and keyfobs if the CCCU was replaced before your ownership.

My theory as to what's causing the flashing lights would be that the driver's door microswitch has now also gone, so the car no longer detects that it's been unlocked and opened. Your presence then sets off the interior alarm (the sounder for this may have been disabled or removed). But other more knowledgeable folks (@timmus :)) will hopefully be along to confirm based on your answers.

Last edited:
But other more knowledgeable folks (@timmus :)) will hopefully be along to confirm based on your answers.
Hi BusyBee,

I offer a CCCU replacement service that can be delivered by post, at a fraction of the price that Audi charge. See this thread...

Kind regards,

Tom
I’m here and happy to help. :)
I’d wager that the CCCU has kicked the bucket.

Cheers,

Tom

@timmus Just to clear something up, I thought if you unlocked the car using the drivers door lock instead of the remote, the alarm was not disabled until you turned the ignition on. Just unlocking using the key and opening the door would set the alarm off. Am I correct?

Morning,

If the above procedure doesn’t work for you it may well be that the remote part of the key fob is a replacement and has never been paired with your A2. It will require VCDS to do this.

Remember what Ray Parker Jr once said (many times):

When there’s something strange in the neighbourhood (CCCU), who you gonna call. Tom @timmus.

In the coming weeks I’m sure he’ll be in Leighton Buzzard where he can solve all your issues and probably add a few items you desire.

Drop him a PM to get booked into his itinerary.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thanks for your response and friendly advice I have sent Tom a message.
VCDS?
Best wishes

Hi BusyBee,

Kind regards,

Tom
Dear Tom, I have a A2 1.3 TDi 75. It appears that the CCCU is starting to play up with the petrol cap occasionally popping open. I have a spare CCCU but Im wary about changing it over in case I produce more problems than I cure. (Both the fitted and spare CCCUs end with a Q)
I understand that you offer an exchange service. What would you recommend ?
Also remap. What is the procedure to get this done ?
regards
Jon (Oxford)

Thank you I'm in touch with @timmus
Thanks for your response :0)
Hi BusyBee,

have you been able to solve the problem? I’ve opened a topic recently but couldn’t put in better Words than you. I have the exact same problem with my A2 and central locking and still no solution.
Looking forward to your reply.

kind regards

Back