Centre dashboard drawer stuck open

BearMcPear

Hi everyone! Bought my beluga on Monday, and it needs a few things doing. One of them is the centre dashboard 'drawer', which is stuck open. I believe it normally uses two little wheels to go back and forth, but they are both detached (like the one shown in the picture below).
Does anyone know how to fix this? Couldn't feel any way to disconnect it at the back of it.
Thanks!

Bottom_Drawer_Dashboard.jpeg

I’ve got a replacement one available should you wish to buy one.
Afternoon Steve,

Postage is possibly to Finland judging by this members profile. The delivery charge might just be more than the replacement item, this is probably why the @BearMcPear is after a way to repair.

Obtaining a replacement is of course the easiest route as I’ve never managed to completely repair the a faulty ashtray.

Please be mindful that we’re outside of the Market area and this member is yet ti upgrade their account.

Kind regards,

Tom

Afternoon Steve,

Postage is possibly to Finland judging by this members profile. The delivery charge might just be more than the replacement item, this is probably why the @BearMcPear is after a way to repair.

Obtaining a replacement is of course the easiest route as I’ve never managed to completely repair the a faulty ashtray.

Please be mindful that we’re outside of the Market area and this member is yet ti upgrade their account.

Kind regards,

Tom
Yes in my experience shipping parts like this is more hassle than it's worth. I probably also won't need the little cubby hole, so as long as it shuts neatly I'm good. :)
As replacing it is possible, how does one go about removing it from the dashboard?

Remove it from the car by removing the two screws #4 along the upper edge. Once out you can rotate things and see is something then falls out. Once apart it may be obvious what is missing or broken. Perhaps once the parts are removed you are able to close it and then leave it like that until you repair or replace the unit. Be careful when you remove it to disconnect the illumination as you do so.

Dashboard drawer is the front ash tray.

1647450209747.png

Remove it from the car by removing the two screws #4 along the upper edge. Once out you can rotate things and see is something then falls out. Once apart it may be obvious what is missing or broken. Perhaps once the parts are removed you are able to close it and then leave it like that until you repair or replace the unit. Be careful when you remove it to disconnect the illumination as you do so.

Dashboard drawer is the front ash tray.

View attachment 92237
Thank you! That is a very handy exploded view.

Back