Changing the windshielkd washer system to the new type

DKPowers

If I understood it correctly, the windshield washer system changed around 2003. Probably because the one on my 2001 A2 sucks. Now the thing is, I need to change the plastic panel which has the washer nozzles attached anyways so I was thinking about changing the nozzles for the new type. Is this possible or did they change something else with the washers? I guess they have two of the panels (8Z1819403D and 8Z1819403E) so I guess one is for the new type of nozzles? Anyone done this before?

yes, a couple of years ago. You'll probably break the washer fluid tube where it meets the nozzles. the thread linked above has the details for LHD cars.

- Bret

I thought mine were faulty or full of grease or something. They spray foam below the windshield, and fluid above the car onto the car behind me. Perhaps that is how these washers perform generally?

I have read the threads I could find, and it does not seem to be all that easy to just change the nozzles though, I am inclined to try anyways though but unsure which ones are the best to order from eBay so if anyone have any seggestions please let me know.

Cheers
Daniel

that's about right. Change will take 2 hours if you've got the parts and a puller for the windscreen wiper. I'd suggest using original parts, it wasn't that expensive.

I'm happy to help if you need it. Next time I'm in Stockholm I will let you know! :)

- Bret

that's about right. Change will take 2 hours if you've got the parts and a puller for the windscreen wiper. I'd suggest using original parts, it wasn't that expensive.

I'm happy to help if you need it. Next time I'm in Stockholm I will let you know! :)

- Bret

Thanks for your kind offer :)

Actually I had a very small drill and gave the nozzles a rinse with that, some plastic and some dirt came out. Now they are performing much better and actually not going over and under the screen!

/Daneil

One small thing to consider is that the later version is hardly any better.
The huge front wiper blocks the patch of the jet as it passes that point each time.
So my recommendation is always to clean and adjust the washers you have before going through any expense and hassle.

A a clean and well adjusted washer system is all you need

Steve B

Great 2nd post Sobczyk and welcome to the club.

This club is attracting more and more people from Europe recently, just when the UK could be leaving! ;) I do recall the club at one time was called the International A2 Owners Club. Long may it be so.

Back