Clicking driver door..

Vanders

Can hear a loud clicking when opening and closing my driver door, I’m assuming this is a sign that the metal check strap is on its way out? Is it @depronman who does replacements of these?

Can hear a loud clicking when opening and closing my driver door, I’m assuming this is a sign that the metal check strap is on its way out? Is it @depronman who does replacements of these?
Evening,

That is the true sound of a failing check strap. Yep go for a Paul @depronman refurbished replacement.

I’m sure he will be along shortly.

Kind regards,

Tom

It sounds like you do indeed need a refurbished check strap
I have stock ready to post out

They are £25 each plus postage of £4.10 with a £20 per strap deposit which is returned when I get your old strap back
Quick and easy to change

PM incoming

Cheers. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get it replaced sooner rather than later - when it starts getting properly mobile, the end of the check strap starts slicing through the door speaker cone.

Get it replaced sooner rather than later - when it starts getting properly mobile, the end of the check strap starts slicing through the door speaker cone.

Yes seen a few do that and wear through the inner ally door skin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I recently purchased a door check strap from paul and can highly recommend his refurbished straps they are so solid and so much better than the original audi part which is ok for a short time but they are weak and i have changed 3 straps over my ownership of the A2s i own, fantastic service from my private message to him to receiving the item and a fast refund of my deposit once i sent my broken item back to him and i look forward to paying him a visit sometime in the not too distant future for some of his other upgrade items.

Back