Climate Control - no power

Evening all

My wife's CC has stopped working. Fault code: 01320 (J255) No comms with control module.

All fuses are OK

Power lead at rear shows a steady 12v

I can only therefore assume the unit itself has decided it's time to go to a better place in the sky.

Anyone got anything else to suggest before I start hunting for a working unit and swap over?

PS - The part number is 8Z0820043F....evilbay has a couple at the moment but the last letter is a D....can I presume it'll work OK?

Last edited:
Evening all

My wife's CC has stopped working. Fault code: 01320 (J255) No comms with control module.

All fuses are OK

Power lead at rear shows a steady 12v

I can only therefore assume the unit itself has decided it's time to go to a better place in the sky.

Anyone got anything else to suggest before I start hunting for a working unit and swap over?

PS - The part number is 8Z0820043F....evilbay has a couple at the moment but the last letter is a D....can I presume it'll work OK?
Single or double din? I’ve got a single din (with slightly worn buttons from memory? You can have if so for the price of postage.

If the part number on yours ends in F then I think it's a double-DIN one with the rounded lower corners - your car has (or had) the 6CD changer and the tray under the handbrake, instead of the little cubby above the ashtray, right?

The D-suffix one is for single-DIN and has square corners all round because it sits one position higher in the centre stack (above the cubby). However the innards are the same, and you can swap the fascias over with just a Torx-6 bit on your screwdriver. So it's viable if you can't find an F-suffix one.

@Rosscopeco I'm in Hamilton and have a spare CC panel should you wish to test the fault before purchase(not looking to sell one though at least you will know what the issue is).

Last edited:
The D-suffix one is for single-DIN and has square corners all round because it sits one position higher in the centre stack (above the cubby). However the innards are the same, and you can swap the fascias over with just a Torx-6 bit on your screwdriver. So it's viable if you can't find an F-suffix one.
Thanks, that's good to know....

Have you checked the little fan that sucks air through the small vents on the front of the panel. It could be full of rubbish and not turning. Not sure if this alone would shut down the system but as it is a free check then got to be worth a look.

Have you checked the little fan that sucks air through the small vents on the front of the panel. It could be full of rubbish and not turning. Not sure if this alone would shut down the system but as it is a free check then got to be worth a look.
Nope....but I'll do so now. For the record, the whole unit is totally blank....no lights or power

Have you checked the fuses with a meter? Change fuses 36 and 38 regardless for known good fuses.

12v supply does not always mean the unit is earthing if / when needed.
It is not stuck in OFF mode by chance? Remove the battery leads and leave disconnected for 10 minutes then reconnect. Then you will have to reset the clock, possibly the remotes and windows one touch, but the hard reset may clear any glitch.

12v supply does not always mean the unit is earthing if / when needed.
It is not stuck in OFF mode by chance? Remove the battery leads and leave disconnected for 10 minutes then reconnect. Then you will have to reset the clock, possibly the remotes and windows one touch, but the hard reset may clear any glitch.
Interesting.....I didn't know that an 'OFF mode' was a thing....will give that a whirl tomorrow. I did try a code reset but to no avail.

Back