Coilovers

lvsghost

Hi folks,

My next purchase for Lyra is going to be coilovers I need more "lows". @A2Steve I remember you mentioned JOM BLUELINE's have you used them before? Any other recommendations would be great too guys and if you have a picture of how low you're A2 sits would be great.

Thanks Luke

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Hi folks,

My next purchase for Lyra is going to be coilovers I need more "lows". @A2Steve I remember you mentioned JOM BLUELINE's have you used them before? Any other recommendations would be great too guys and if you have a picture of how low you're A2 sits would be great.

Thanks Luke
Yes mate I had them on Peppa.

For a budget coilovers they are great.

To go to the lowest setting you will need shorter drop links too.

Because they are for the Polo the bottom cup.for the rear coilover needs a longer bolt to get it to fit. My mechanic ground down the rear axle instead so that it sat more secure, but the side effect of this was that it sat so low I had trouble running wide 17s. If I fitted them again I'd just use the longer bolt.

lvsghost

Yes mate I had them on Peppa.

For a budget coilovers they are great.

To go to the lowest setting you will need shorter drop links too.

Because they are for the Polo the bottom cup.for the rear coilover needs a longer bolt to get it to fit. My mechanic ground down the rear axle instead so that it sat more secure, but the side effect of this was that it sat so low I had trouble running wide 17s. If I fitted them again I'd just use the longer bolt.
Thanks for the reply Steve apart from the bolt mentioned were they easy to install? I plan on only dropping it to around 40mm I'll have to see how I get on I think these ones bottom low is 80mm I think I've read but again as you said would need to change the drop links etc.

not sure what the roads are like down by you how was it going over speed bumps?

Cheers Luke

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Thanks for the reply Steve apart from the bolt mentioned were they easy to install? I plan on only dropping it to around 40mm I'll have to see how I get on I think these ones bottom low is 80mm I think I've read but again as you said would need to change the drop links etc.

not sure what the roads are like down by you how was it going over speed bumps?

Cheers Luke
The ride on JOM coilovers is better than SE/Sport shocks that have done 100+k miles.

Don't forget that the lower you go with coilovers, the better the ride because the more you wind the adjustment into the coil the more travel the coil has.

I run them on the bottom setting so 80mm lower and I caught every speed bump unless I went super slow.

Kaz

anyone around heathrow or surrounding areas with the JOM bluelines? I would like to see how the car drives if you don't mind

Ryan D

Sorry to bump an old thread, currently started to order parts to put jom blueline Coilovers on, can anyone give me a link or part number for the longer bolts for the rear please

regards to coil overs for future reference for people been there myself with coil overs in the past on my old bora, all my mates opted for the cheaper one on eBay etc I went for ap coil overs having tested there cars the ride was so harsh but in the bora if was lovely so I think if you are going to go with coil overs it best spending the extra money imho

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
I agree Sean except that I’ve found the Jom ones to be far better than the other budget brands. Night and day in many respects.

Ryan D

I agree Sean except that I’ve found the Jom ones to be far better than the other budget brands. Night and day in many respects.
Hi Steve, I have finally got round to ordering the JOM Coilovers I have been wanting for a few months now. I have new top strut bearings/mounts and shortened drop links. Do I need anything else? I seen someone mention that some bolts are a one time use only on another thread along with one saying longer bolts for the rear are needed

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
My mechanic friend just fitted a set of FK street coilovers for me and didn’t need to use longer bolts on the back.

I think it would be a good idea to have some longer ones on standby just Incase though.

As for one use bolts the correct answer is that you should always replace them. I don’t.