Colour Storm wheel arch paint question

Caesarmp

I have scraped a wheel arch on my red Colour Storm car. I have located the reference for the black satin finish paint in the service book: L1P9.

My question is this- is the wheel arch painted in ordinary paint, or is it some sort of plasticised or rubberised finish? If the latter, can one find such a product for sale, or does one have to repair using ordinary paint? I ask this because the arches do not seem to like car wax, and I use black trim restorative on them, whereas the black roof prefers wax. I want to repair to original specification if possible.

Cesare

I have scraped a wheel arch on my red Colour Storm car. I have located the reference for the black satin finish paint in the service book: L1P9.

My question is this- is the wheel arch painted in ordinary paint, or is it some sort of plasticised or rubberised finish? If the latter, can one find such a product for sale, or does one have to repair using ordinary paint? I ask this because the arches do not seem to like car wax, and I use black trim restorative on them, whereas the black roof prefers wax. I want to repair to original specification if possible.

Cesare
I believe Plasticoat black has been used. Either matt or satin finish

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back