Concert 1 Bose in non Bose car

LordTJC

I bought a Concert 1 unit online to go in my 2001 A2. I’ve connected it up but it comes up with Bose on the screen and there is no sound. Can I change it to be non Bose? I’m assuming my unregistered VCDS Lite cable is not good enough to do this?

Thanks
Tim

Quite correct, it will need reprogramming through a proper VCDS. It's a 5 minute job though, so you just need to find someone local to yourself to do it.

Whereabouts in Suffolk are you? I might be able to help if you're not in any particular rush.

I do believe (because I have done it) that the unregistered VCDS is all that you need

The 'recode' option is what you use, through I can't recall the code number that you need to turn off BOSE

I do believe (because I have done it) that the unregistered VCDS is all that you need

The 'recode' option is what you use, through I can't recall the code number that you need to turn off BOSE
I sent Tim detailed instructions and the offer of my full VCDS if he still needs it.

Thank you very much both steve_c and Bargepower for your kind offers, and others for your advice. I have just recoded my radio with VCDS Lite and it is working!
I assumed I'd have to have at least the registered version so very happy with my £10 cable. :)

I checked the code on my existing radio which was 00501. The 'new' radio was 00015. I changed this to 00501 and it appears to work fine, including my Nokia handsfree. Interestingly, the handsfree is now coming through the passenger side, whereas before it was the drivers side?

Thanks again,
Tim

"Interestingly, the handsfree is now coming through the passenger side, whereas before it was the drivers side"

On my Concert II, you can select phone to speaker (left, right, both) setting on the HU. Tone or Menu button, can't remember which.
Mac.

Back