Concert in safe mode; missing code

Olerype

Have taken a Concert from another 2005 A2 and it seems to power up in a 2001 A2.

However, it is in safemode, and I do not know why but the manual in glovebox that have the code is for a different serial number. So code does not unlock the Concert. Maybe the Concert was replaced some time but manual was forgotton.

Dealership is hopeless; need the car in and £50 quid. Blame procedures and antitheft bla bla. The Concert can not even be used in Norway anymore as FM is shut down, but no flexibility even I gave them the serial.

So any tip for getting the code? See there is a few code generators out there but does anyone know of any good (and free?) ones?

Hi,

If you find a free source to decode your Concert that works I would be most interested as no doubt would others.

As dodders says eBay is the place to go. The following link was used by another member successfully so I saved it but not got round to trying it so cannot personally vouch for it, but slightly more expensive than £4.

The early A2 with a Canbus Concert II is well discussed on here, if you search lots of information. From memory in a nutshell, yes it will work, [radio (if you had FM) and CD] but not fully, such as no illumination at night, no displayed information on dash (if capable), might not turn off with ignition (requiring manual off or risk a flat battery after a time).
The good news it can be made to work fully with a Canbus emulator (not cheap) or alteration to wiring if you know what you are doing or employ somebody who does.

As I said, from memory, so I would not trust 100% my non expert summary!

Andy

Back