convert system gearbox - Audi A2 1.2 TDI

kirasjani

Hii !
Do jou have any idea how to fix my problematic Audi?
My Audi A2 1.2 tdi has lot of problems.I want to change it from automatic to manual,because nobody is going to repair it in this state as automatic.For this procedure what should I change?

I would be surprised if our resident 1.2 expert/s would not be able to help you, either to fix your issues or to tell you of the feasibility of that conversion.

I know plenty of people that would like to do it the other way around (Manual to Auto!) but either wway around it always seem to be the electronics that are the show stopper?

Steve B

The 1.2 gearbox is just a modified manual gearbox, so this should be possible. This is a link for the parts required:

http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sin.../711/subcategory/711030/part_id/255334/lang/e

Are you sure that this is simpler than repairing your hydraulic system? You would also have problems with ECU which has links to the gearbox controller. You would have to short these links, otherwise the engine won't start!

I am not sure that anyone has done this with an A2 but it's certainly been done with Lupo 3L's, which might be the place to start.

RAB

Back