Converting 5 seat to 4 seat - Is this possible

MALCOLM HANCOCK

I HAVE A A2 FSI 5 SEAT WITH SPORTS INTERIOR , I HAVE A 4 SEAT LEATHER INTERIOR
MY QUESTION IS CAN THESE INTERIORS BE SWAPPED , I HAVE SWAPPED THE FRONT SEATS EASILY
BUT THE REAR 3 SEAT , IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO MY 2 INDIVIDUAL REAR SEATS ?
FAILING THIS DOES ANYONE HAVE A BLACK LEATHER 3 SEAT WHICH I CAN BUY OR SWAP FOR
2 REAR SEATS WHICH ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION
THANKS
MALCOLM HANCOCK

You'll need to find (or get recovered) a black leather 3 seat rear, since it's not possible to convert the rear to 2 seats.

Why not get an upholsterer to retrim your original bench in black leather?

Not safely no.

I suppose the only safe way from a safety point of view would be if the seats could have the seat cushion removed and the seat frames welded to the floorpan of the car, but that would be a real botch job wouldn't it.

NO.

As you have already said try to find a replacement bench in leather. Then if not black have it recoloured. Your cloth seat could be recovered in leather as @steve_c has said. Until you can find either of the above why not see if there is a suitable bench seat cover that is close enough to live with until another option becomes available.

Hi, I have a three seat that I’d swop for twin rear seats! where are you? I’m in Aberdeen but will be in Stoke in 2 weeks and then two weeks after that

Hi, I have a three seat that I’d swop for twin rear seats! where are you? I’m in Aberdeen but will be in Stoke in 2 weeks and then two weeks after that
Evening George,

The location on the profile of the OP is quite exacting:
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 16.27.39.png

Not too far away during you're Stoke visit.

Kind regards,

Tom

I HAVE A A2 FSI 5 SEAT WITH SPORTS INTERIOR , I HAVE A 4 SEAT LEATHER INTERIOR
MY QUESTION IS CAN THESE INTERIORS BE SWAPPED , I HAVE SWAPPED THE FRONT SEATS EASILY
BUT THE REAR 3 SEAT , IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TO MY 2 INDIVIDUAL REAR SEATS ?
FAILING THIS DOES ANYONE HAVE A BLACK LEATHER 3 SEAT WHICH I CAN BUY OR SWAP FOR
2 REAR SEATS WHICH ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION
THANKS
MALCOLM HANCOCK
Hi Malcolm, Let me know if you’re interested

George you may be better either tagging Malcolm or sending him a PM directly. Just trying to help.

That is of coarse if they put the correct location in not just something to appear to look clever - They are not. People as less likely to want to help not knowing how far away they are.

So to all with cryptic locations change then A.S.A.P. and no this is not aimed at any one on this thread.....

Back