Coolant temperature sender

signoo100

Can anyone shed some light please I have deisel a2 and the temperature gauge takes ages to get off the zero but does eventually go to 90 c then falls to 60c or less will this affect the climate control as some times I get air con and no heat and the other way round I have changed the thermostat thanks

There are two temperature senders. Your problems may or may not be linked, you need to scan the car to find out. The interior climate control has flaps that stop working correctly (so sending hot air where none should be or maybe sending cold air, though "HI" is on the display); these report their status to the OBD system on demand. Scan it, please, with VCDS or so. That should tell you what's going on.
A decent scanner should also be able to tell you if the engine temperature really is what the gauge says or not.

There are two temperature senders. Your problems may or may not be linked, you need to scan the car to find out. The interior climate control has flaps that stop working correctly (so sending hot air where none should be or maybe sending cold air, though "HI" is on the display); these report their status to the OBD system on demand. Scan it, please, with VCDS or so. That should tell you what's going on.
A decent scanner should also be able to tell you if the engine temperature really is what the gauge says or not.
Thanks I will try and get it scanned

Back