Correct Wiper Blade

993BOY

Hi,
I have the later non-aero wiper arm and wondered what the correct/best wiper blade is?

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Nick

Bosch AP30U. On Amazon for £13 but you may find cheaper elsewhere. Comes with a number of adapters for different wiper arms, you'll want the no.1 fitment.

Edit: now a little confusion - the non-aero wiper arm, with the enclosed plastic box over the rivets and the large hook fitting, is the earlier one.
That takes a Bosch N70. You can also find aero-style blades for the hook fitment but the metal-frame style is what it originally had.

The AP30U is for the later aero arm with the exposed rivets.

Last edited:
I have the later non-aero wiper arm and wondered what the correct/best wiper blade is?

The later wiper arm is the aero one, and @Proghound has given you the correct Bosch reference for that.

However, if you have the traditional arm, you'll need a different blade - Bosch N70.

One you factor in postage, it's generally cheaper to Use eBay rather than Amazon.
Here's a link fot the N70 blade at £11:

and a link for the AP30U blade at £13.95:

If you are not sure what you need, then post a picture here of your current arm and blade.

Last edited:
Bosch AP30U. On Amazon for £13 but you may find cheaper elsewhere. Comes with a number of adapters for different wiper arms, you'll want the no.1 fitment.

Edit: now a little confusion - the non-aero wiper arm, with the enclosed plastic box over the rivets and the large hook fitting, is the earlier one.
That takes a Bosch N70. You can also find aero-style blades for the hook fitment but the metal-frame style is what it originally had.

The AP30U is for the later aero arm with the exposed rivets.
I bought the last two on Amazon at that price yesterday. Uless it is a ploy by the seller to get customers to oder two.

Just a little note on the later Aero wiper arm.
Paul @depronman produces a very nice 3d cover for that arm. It is so good that it really does look like it was done by the manufacturer. Not to mention it protects those rivets and springs from the elements.

Thanks for this, I have seen them, but not too sure whether or not to fit one....still got a footrest to fir that I have had for ages 😂

There’s a genuine Audi blade on eBay for 20 quid, I’ve found that even the Bosch one is slightly inferior, but some disagree.

Actually I have a new Bosch one in my garage that I’ll never use that you can have for £12 posted if you like?

The recent cold weather has finished off my wiper blade !

Going to order the Bosch Ap30 as a replacement, as the existing blade appears to be the floppy aero type on my 2003 Tdi

Hi all, if I may jump on this thread as I have the same qn:

Which wiper blade do I get? Attached are some photos of my wiper arm. Thanks all!
The later wiper arm is the aero one, and @Proghound has given you the correct Bosch reference for that.

However, if you have the traditional arm, you'll need a different blade - Bosch N70.

One you factor in postage, it's generally cheaper to Use eBay rather than Amazon.
Here's a link fot the N70 blade at £11:

and a link for the AP30U blade at £13.95:

If you are not sure what you need, then post a picture here of your current arm and blade.

Attachments

• 8F1493A9-1C2A-4FE8-AD83-39CCAC609816.jpeg
    8F1493A9-1C2A-4FE8-AD83-39CCAC609816.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 109
  • 85C8B91D-A010-4140-90D1-E756F70AD784.jpeg
    85C8B91D-A010-4140-90D1-E756F70AD784.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
If it is the aero very simply..

Raise the arm away from the screen and rotate the blade about its pivot pin anti clockwise when looking from the front of the car. The blade now simply slides off the pin backwards. Do not let the arm drop onto the screen as you have a high chance of cracking the screen. To refit place the suitable adapter onto the blade and make sure it is clipped on. Slide the blade over the pin and rotate clockwise to lock the blade on the arm. Carefully lower the arm back down onto the screen.

If it is the aero very simply..

Raise the arm away from the screen and rotate the blade about its pivot pin anti clockwise when looking from the front of the car. The blade now simply slides off the pin backwards. Do not let the arm drop onto the screen as you have a high chance of cracking the screen. To refit place the suitable adapter onto the blade and make sure it is clipped on. Slide the blade over the pin and rotate clockwise to lock the blade on the arm. Carefully lower the arm back down onto the screen.
Thank you so much! I’ll figure it out and follow your steps and update 🙏🏼

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I need to replace our wiper blade. I understand from @timmus that this is the later, improved arm.
Exposed rivets mean I need an AP30U?
Also, how does this blade come off?

View attachment 104345
Hello Ken,

Yes this is the very same blade I use on my later style wiper arm.

To remove the blade just stand the wiper arm up the swivel the blade so it’s a a right angle to the arm. It will then just slide off.

Be very careful and ensure the arm is fixed in the upright position before letting go as it could snap back down and damage the screen.

The blade should easily be removed in a few seconds.

I actually have a new blade waiting for me at home so happy to video the process when I get it this evening to send to you.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hello Ken,

Yes this is the very same blade I use on my later style wiper arm.

To remove the blade just stand the wiper arm up the swivel the blade so it’s a a right angle to the arm. It will then just slide off.

Be very careful and ensure the arm is fixed in the upright position before letting go as it could snap back down and damage the screen.

The blade should easily be removed in a few seconds.

I actually have a new blade waiting for me at home so happy to video the process when I get it this evening to send to you.

Kind regards,

Tom
Tom, that would be excellent. I can get an AP30U from our local GSF tomorrow, so a fitting guide would be very handy!
Thanks so much!

Back