cruise control

Yes, you have 2 choices, one is called @timmus , who will fit the complete system for you. The second is a kit to do it yourself from a company in Germany called Kufatech. Note there are two version of the control stalk that replaces the indicator stalk. One ( original style ) has a push button on the end of the stalk, the second has a rocker switch. You decide which version you prefer.

Hello, and welcome to A2OC.

I'm just up the M6 from you, in Lancaster, and have fitted cruise control to hundreds of A2s. You can see the two designs of control stalk, as described by @audifan, here...

Cheers,

Tom

I've looked at adverts for the Kufatec cruise control, but found no mention of a switch for the clutch, which I'm sure Timmus' version does include. If there isn't one, what prevents the engine revving when the brake pedal is pressed? Edit - should have said when the clutch pedal is pressed.

Last edited:
There is a wiring loop in the kit that connects to the clutch pedal switch. This is what disengages the cruise when the clutch pedal is pressed.

The clutch and brake pedal switches are already wired to the engine management unit, on every A2, irrespective of whether it's got cruise control or not.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
Many thanks. Could you let me know if/when you're going to be in the south west?
Cheers, John
Hi John,

I've just posted this thread, about a visit to the South East in the coming weeks...
I was in the South West during the week before total lockdown was imposed. I appreciate that the South East is still a long drive for those living in Devon, but it's a lot closer than Lancaster, where I'm based. I can promise that your drive back to Devon will be a lot more relaxed, as you'd have cruise control!
Unfortunately, looking at my schedule for the rest of the year, there's almost no chance of me returning to the South West before 2021. Once human cloning is permitted, I'll be sure to station a copy of myself in every county. :)

Cheers,

Tom

Good, lots of A2s are struggling down here, so please remember us. Having said that, your clone would be wise to keep away until the holiday traffic (very few A2s but an astonishing number of Teslas) has cleared.

Back