Damaged under body from jacking.

Gritty

Pleased my car passed its MOT last week but mechanic suggested I try and knock out the damaged aluminium floor which a previous owner caused jacking the car up which came up in the adviseries.

The damage is at the very front on both sides.

Ive read this is a common problem so has any one tried to repair theirs and if so how?

If you pull back the carpets in the front foot wells and remove the silver metal panels this will give access to the hidden compartments. I have gently "thumped" the floor pans back into their correct positions using my fist on the bottom of these compartments. It all depends where a car has been in correctly jacked up though.

If you pull back the carpets in the front foot wells and remove the silver metal panels this will give access to the hidden compartments. I have gently "thumped" the floor pans back into their correct positions using my fist on the bottom of these compartments. It all depends where a car has been in correctly jacked up though.
Ill check again and post some pics later

Ill check again and post some pics later
Unable to get photos of the damage from under the car due to rain but took out the toolbox from under drivers side and there is about 6 inches of damage there and on the near side about the same I can get to the damaged floor off side ok but the nearside damage is in front of a load of electrical components making access tricky.

Back