Devastation FSI 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas

Just got back from the dealer....my A2 FSI 1.6 just spent two days in there, the old whining problem ( already described in the article 1.6 fsi). Audi advised the dealer to change the petrol pump ( now for the second time). I was of course delighted this afternoon when the dealer rang to say they had changed the pump and tested the car...there was no whining nymore...I drive away and within 45 minutes I've got the whining noise back...even louder than before.

To make up for the disappointment I got a dead cool silver aluminium gear knob fixed. Its HOT!!

I brought the car back of course and the boss came out, and raised it up on a ramp...I put my ear to the tank area and its definitley coming from this area....he says it can only be a problem with the pump and is going to contact Audi again........I'll need to drink a crate of beer tonoght to get over it all!!!My poor baby is sick!

Does anybody out there know what it could be or has anyone contact to an Audi person with some ideas????
Otherwise you'll hear me coming in Febuary from a radius of 50miles away!!

A poor ( and now a bit drunk) A2 fan!!! But I still love my baby A2 FSI S-Line with all extras you can get

Michelle&Thomas

Thomas Giblin

Thomas,

I’m sure it will get sorted out. Air inside a pump can make a most strange & weirdo noise, but if that had been the problem then I doubt you could have driven for 45 minutes without being aware of any sound. That said the only way the situation could get worse would be if there were a crack in a pipe (or a bad joint) that was sucking in air and thereafter accumulating it at the pump.

Regards
John Disdale

My wifes volvo had this problem but it was bought second hand and now I don't notice it.

I am sure this advice is useless

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back