Do you keep a track of your A2 spending?!

A2on18's

I've created a spreadsheet and have been tracking purchases and part sales over the last 12 months. I'm partly wishing I hadn't having tallied up the cost of my keeper project so far! Lets just say it's getting out of hand lol!

Going to have to consider being a little more sensible moving forward but not too much more left on my wish list at the moment... Yesterday ordered some maintenance items, discs and pads all round mainly because the car has been sitting on and off for more than 2 years and therefore parts are rusted, performance is affected and they generally look nasty!

Afternoon Steve,

I’ve tried to keep a running total on Project 250 available on its thread and only sourced upgrade parts for it when I see them available at astonishingly low prices.

The complete opposite could be said for Project OEM though. I wouldn’t want to count it up as it’s probably similar to Ian’s @Proghound statement of spending double what was paid for the car itself!

Kind regards,

Tom

My spend on the keeper excluding what I am classing as 'maintenance' (helps with the justification!) is slightly under 4.5 times what I paid for it!

Well when I say 4 Votex kitted cars that's strictly not true, It's 3.75 I've still got to fit the drivers side skirt but that'll be done in the next half hour or so
33f315ce447070c44298d6134eca80f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well when I say 4 Votex kitted cars that's strictly not true, It's 3.75 I've still got to fit the drivers side skirt but that'll be done in the next half hour or so

Looking good Iain. Is it going to need wider wheels do you think?

That does look lovely, white seems to suit it much better with the Votex than without and the whole car looks very modern.

What doesn't suit however is my favourite choice of wheel - 15" pepperpots (or indeed anything!) - I think it'd look good on A1 16" wheels though.

Back on topic - I keep an excel spreadsheet with tabs for spec, service schedule, all expenditure, servicing & repairs and part numbers for service items etc. @Spen received a copy of Akoya's and can comment on the level of OCD employed!

Last edited:
Keeping track of expenditure on my A2s over the years would result in a severe case of indigestion at the very least; give me a car that has idiosyncratic mechanicals rather than electronics any day!
But, I’ve still got two A2s, although I fear that (another) one will be heading either to the scrapyard or a competent refurbisher in the very near future.

I am keeping spredsheet for costs for all my cars.
My costs for A2 project youngtimer in the last few months are currently at around the third of the value of the car. I expect to be at around the current value of the car at the end of the project. That is without registration/insurance costs... Take into account that you cannot get Audi A2 for a few houndred quid here. The worst examples start with around 1.500 EUR.
Well, you need to spend the money somewhere ;).

Last edited:
Not unless I want to give myself a heart attack. I dread to think what my car owes me, but common sense doesn't exist when it comes to the A2. Heart rules head, time and time again. Besides, Mrs C is aware that everything I buy is £10 - a running joke. Oh the love of a good woman.

Back