Dodgy Sales!!

Mka306

A2OC Donor
I've advertised my Iphone 12 on certain selling platforms for a few days now and tonight I receive a whatsapp message from a chap showing interest, he asks all the usual questions and then asks can I post to France, I tell him I won't post overseas as it's to risky so thanks but no thanks, he then pleads with me saying he needs it for his mum, now I'm not being funny but whats his mum got to do with buying my phone??? So I ask who he banks with and he says Tesco bank, Tesco bank in France??? Once again I thank him and wish him the best of luck. Now he tells me he lives in the UK and he will buy it now.
I really think it's dodgy and I don't really want to give my bank details to a guy who has a bit of an odd story, what do you all think?

If it’s via eBay then give it a wide birth as the buyer protection is open to abuse.

If it’s via Facebook etc then I don’t think he can do a recall on a bank transfer or remove money from your account with only your sort code and account number so you should be ok. Just make sure it’s tracked delivery to prove it’s been delivered.

If it’s via eBay then give it a wide birth as the buyer protection is open to abuse.

If it’s via Facebook etc then I don’t think he can do a recall on a bank transfer or remove money from your account with only your sort code and account number so you should be ok. Just make sure it’s tracked delivery to prove it’s been delivered.
It's gumtree and he said he will bank transfer but the text messages are broken english which tells me he's foriegn and I'm selling it cheaper than most but nothing ridiculously low in price, I just find it strange he is so desperate to buy my phone. May be i'm being paranoid but I think it's better than losing an expensive bit of kit.

When he said he was in France, perhaps if his English isn’t very good he actually meant he is French.

In my experience with many many sales and purchases. If it looks like a Duck and quacks like a Duck - it’s a Duck!

So I would “duck” out of this one and wait on something that feels safer.

Just my 2p worth.

MrB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my 'chip in', I have sold dozens of items abroad, mostly to trustworthy folk either off here or on facebook, I have only been scammed once, but it wasn't for an expensive part thankfully. I always do them signed for, that way I am covered by royal mail.
but, if it doesn't feel right, then I'd rather have an expensive phone sat in a drawer than no phone, no money and the constant niggle that someone else is using your phone and laughing up their sleeve at you!!!!

Always trust your gut instinct, it is very rarely wrong, your head can over rule the heart, but the heart can be very wrong too....your gut is never wrong(end of tutorial!!!) lol

Andy

Back