Does Bluetooth OBD-II scanner with phone App work with all of A2 variant?

miniswift

A2OC Donor
Hi,

Before I start, I want to tell you that I have a VCDS-lite with USB to OBD-II adaptor, already!

So now you know I have this slready, why do I ask for this?
Well, I work away a lot and my daughter uses this A2 as her car.
So if I buy a OBD-II Bluetooth adaptor and ask my dauther to download app in her mobile, she can tell me what's wrong.

My mate told me that "car scanner" is good so I borrowed his and tried to use it on A2 with 1.4BBY engine.
It didn't connect to ECU. not sure if I need to change any setting or not.
I then connected to my wife's VW Polo 1.2TSi and ir does everything. So I think adaptor does work.

I think VCDS-lite has issue with connecting with 1.4BBY engine ECU, too. Should I just for get this idea of been able to self analysis car issue?

Lert me know of your thought.

Cheers
Atchi

Thanks guys, I can see that I can down load App. I bought Bluetooth adaptor already so I hope it works!
I shall keep you informed.

Thanks guys, I can see that I can down load App. I bought Bluetooth adaptor already so I hope it works!
I shall keep you informed.
OBD Eleven is a specific product, consisting of a proprietary Bluetooth dongle dongle and App.

OBD II is the spec for the basic error codes which all car makers agree to support.
Each manufacturer then adds lots of it own model, and variant specific error codes. Generic readers support the basic set of diagnostic codes, but may not support the model/variant specific ones.
Mac.

OBD Eleven is a specific product, consisting of a proprietary Bluetooth dongle dongle and App.

OBD II is the spec for the basic error codes which all car makers agree to support.
Each manufacturer then adds lots of it own model, and variant specific error codes. Generic readers support the basic set of diagnostic codes, but may not support the model/variant specific ones.
Mac.
The OBD Eleven app only works with the OBD Eleven dongle.
Mac.

I too use OBD Eleven, had it a couple of years. It works well. The best choice if you have more up to date VAG cars, as it supports the latest models.
I believe OBD Eleven is the only VAG specific non wired scan tool.
Mac.
Ditto. Have been using this on my TT (which has never actually gone wrong!) for several years and has been a godsend rectifying faults on our A2.

Back