Doing this to the dash on an A2 should be classified as GBH!

WHY WHY WHY do they persist in bodging in an aftermarket pos stereo and butcher the wiring and not fit at least trim around it?

Makes me wonder what else has been botched.

Notice the center vents panel is also broken.

Yep but not even proper single din. My guess is the dd stereo wasn't fancy enough so they ripped it out to fit their pos single din one , broke the center vent in the process and wondered how to fill the big gap below the radio hence the extra cubby hole tray. Just cobbled together on the cheap and ruined the car in the process. Why can't they stick to their Saxos and Corsas and leave A2s alone???

Oh my, very sad to see!

That really is a bad job indeed. What nice car. If this was closer it would be something I’d happily have. A darker coloured car with Jive/Twist interior is something I really want.

Replacing that Twist cup holder won’t be that easy, unless a black one is attacked with the Volico paint.

The price is quite good but as mentioned above, what else has been bodged on the car.

Is someone way up there going to save this early generation A2.

Kind regards,

Tom

If I understand correctly, it’s a DDD where someone would have taken out the symphony or RNS-D unit and replaced with a crappy head unit and then botched a makeshift storage tray?

The symphony unit would have been much better so what’s the point? The only thing I can think is that the head unit was taken out/stolen and the cheapskate owner didn’t want to replace like with like. That raises serious questions on what else have been scrimped on!

The way they have managed the nice concave effect on the front number plate looks good as well. Shame its not mentioned on the listing as I'm sure most people would like to know how that can be done!
Oh yes, looking carefully you can see it together with the resulting misalignement of the bonet around the lights.

I suspect me like everyone else just made our minds up as soon as we saw orange wheels!

I bet if you inspected it you’d find 20+ other things wrong with it. A sorry fate for an A2 ?

Back