Don't Use Evri

Andrew

A2OC Donor
England
My advice is use another courier. I have used Evri quite a few times and to be fair without problems it is fine, with a problem a nightmare.

My nightmare began when Evri lost my alternator on its way back from being refurbished. Evri acknowledged the loss so at least I did not end up with 'never arrived' case. Luckily I had opted for £100 insurance cover and duly approached customer service to claim, which is turning out to be an appalling experience, very difficult to actually talk with anybody.

Contact is with a voice robot which wants the tracking number. It seems to understand numbers quite well but mine had some letters and it struggles. After five different calls I eventually managed to get this robot to understand clear English. You get some options, one is talk with someone, grab it it will be the only chance you get. This went okay, customer service chap could see the problem logged internally on their system and sent me a claim form.

Next day I opened the claim to complete and it is completely inappropriate. The claim system appears to be built on the assumption you have just purchased the item on ebay (or other) and wants details such as ebay item number, purchase price, invoice number and colour! Thought I would discuss the with Evri customer services, no chance, after the now normal struggle with tracking numbers, the robot understands, only to inform me 'claim form issued' and kills the line. There is no other number for customer services and I have no other way reaching them.

I completed the claim form and filled in what made sense, I decided an alternator is black! There is a chance to add an attachment for further details and other cases so I took it. I explained my situation in detail and sent it off. Claim duly acknowledged with promise of conclusion within 28 working days.

All I could do to show value is link some pages off parts websites to show what their negligence is going to cost me. I don't think they will cover the cost of a new alternator from Audi!

Today receive an email showing lack of progress.

Some Quotes

"Please can you provide the following:

- Proof of the value of the item, for example a transaction receipt or order summary which shows how much was paid for this item and by whom"

I DID NOT BUY THE ITEM AS I EXPLAINED EARLIER.

"If you received this payment via PayPal, you can find this on your PayPal account under the 'Activity' tab and selecting the relevant transaction. A screenshot of this should provide us with all the information we need"

I AM NOT THE SELLER OF THIS ITEM AS I EXPLAINED EARLIER AND NOT SOLD ANYTHING.

"If you received this payment directly through eBay, you can find the order details on your account under your sold items. This will detail the item, the amount paid and the delivery address."

THIS HAS **** ALL TO DO WITH EBAY AS I EXPLAINED EARLIER IF YOU READ IT.

I have replied and explained it all again.

You have been warned, don't touch Evri with a bargepole.

Andy

Don't want to build your hopes up Andy but my wife had similar with them. Parcel turned up, 10 Weeks later. Not a fan.
Dave

Appeared to have a poor reputation as Hermes!probably why they changed their name!As with most of these large corporations speaking to someone and getting some sense is very difficult☹️

Appeared to have a poor reputation as Hermes!probably why they changed their name!As with most of these large corporations speaking to someone and getting some sense is very difficult☹️
I've found Amazon almost unique, in a good way, in the their Customer Support. Banks, parcel companies, those chat bots are everywhere. I think they are intended to frustrate, so that you give up, which means their in-house customer satisfaction analysis returns a good, (for them), result.
Every now and then though , we recieve a good response, and that almost makes up for all the bad stuff. A recent problem with pre-booked parking, where the bar code reader at the exit was wonky, and I paid twice the pre-booked amount, by card, to escape, was dealt with quickly and professionally, with me receiving the higher amount by bank transfer, no quibble. Q Park is my hero of the day.
Mac.

I have tried in the past to claim off Hermes, to which in the end there is a clause saying they do not cover 'car parts'...it is in very small writing in their 'items not covered'.
I now use Parcel Farce, which can also prove to be a nightmare.
Good luck...

Agreed. Iain Cowie sent me a spare that went AWOL with Evri. My wife had to seek refunds on 2 Evri deliveries that went missing also. All this in the last 2 weeks. It's a bit rural here but we are next to a B road in a hamlet so not exactly the back of beyond.

First I knew something was wrong when I was rung up by a chap at the Evri hub in Swindon who said the delivery address had been ripped off but luckily my name and telephone had not so he thought he would ring to find out the delivery address! ....and the box is empty. Next an email... "

"06:54 - Mon Jun 20
We're sorry your parcel has been damaged beyond repair in transit. Please contact your sender"

This is the next point where the system struggles. I arranged the shipping, the refurbisher simply stuck on the address label I had forwarded. I am the both the sender and receiver, but everything seems to assume I am one or the other, they don't seem to understand.

Wonder what the scrap price of copper is at the moment, there must be a lot of copper in an alternator.

Andy

What a shocker!
Recently used Evri 3 times all successful but one had the proof picture that wasnt the parcel i sent nor the sender i sent it to but all is ok as they landed where they were supposed to.
In defence of Evri could the alternator have been poorly packed by the refurb place?
Only after i sent my items did i notice the sign in the shop that lists prohibited items, with car parts on the list and states should they be identified in the network they will be destroyed!
Maybe i had a lucky escape!!

Hope you have a happy ending!!

What a shocker!
Recently used Evri 3 times all successful but one had the proof picture that wasnt the parcel i sent nor the sender i sent it to but all is ok as they landed where they were supposed to.
In defence of Evri could the alternator have been poorly packed by the refurb place?
Only after i sent my items did i notice the sign in the shop that lists prohibited items, with car parts on the list and states should they be identified in the network they will be destroyed!
Maybe i had a lucky escape!!

Hope you have a happy ending!!
Interesting what you say about car parts restrictions. I have been all over the Evri website and cannot find anything that restricts car parts, except one about headlights but this was more under delicate items, not because it was a car part.

Andy

Interesting what you say about car parts restrictions. I have been all over the Evri website and cannot find anything that restricts car parts, except one about headlights but this was more under delicate items, not because it was a car part.

Andy
Was a shock to me too only seen it on the A4 info board on top of machine in shop!

Although I would not use them anyway, have found this reference in their conditions...

Prohibited, not permitted in network – do not send

• Batteries such as lithium batteries, unless included with the equipment they power
  • Gardening and household tools, unless they are properly protected
  • Vehicle parts – parts which are over our weight limit (15kg), that are outside of our dimension limits, or contain liquids

So if the part is less than 15Kg, under the dimension limit and liquid free then I read that as you CAN send it on Evri.

Back