Door Loom Change

Kleynie

A2OC Donor
Hi all,
Bought a new door a few months back to replace my dented one. I am planning to change it in the coming week or so if I can, but I have the problem that my car is an 03 reg, and the door is from a 2000 car, so the loom connectors are different. So my question is, how hard of a job is it too change the whole door loom? And is there anything I should know before doing it?
Thanks

It's easy Adam. Compared to repairing OSS it will be a doddle for you. Once you've got the door.striipped down it will be obvious how to.remove the loom. It only pushes.through in one direction but will be obvious when you are doing it.

I doubt you will need help, but I'm on the other end.of the phone if you need me.

It's easy Adam. Compared to repairing OSS it will be a doddle for you. Once you've got the door.striipped down it will be obvious how to.remove the loom. It only pushes.through in one direction but will be obvious when you are doing it.

I doubt you will need help, but I'm on the other end.of the phone if you need me.
Nice Steve, thanks. Does the whole loom need to be changed in order to change the connectors?

Yes the pre-2001 (51) cars have a different connector where it joins at the a-pillar.

Take the whole loom out of the donor door and swap it for yours.

Is it possible to see the difference in the connectors without taking the door on the car apart? I've got a door that I want to do this with, but I don't know how old the replacement is.

Is it possible to see the difference in the connectors without taking the door on the car apart? I've got a door that I want to do this with, but I don't know how old the replacement is.

You could pop the rubber cover off the wiring where it joins the main body of the car and compare it with the door you have. I can't remember what the difference is visually, but I think one is rectangular and the other is rounded at the edges.

I had this problem when changing Johnnyfartbox's, not a big job, like Steve says, if you can do broken sky, door loom is hideously easy...
Doddle!

Back