Doorswitch / Fuel flap VAGcom Q

Rickmeister

A2OC Supporter
Apologies if this should be posted elsewhere but thoughts would be appreciated.

Lhd Tdi 90, 2004. Fuel flap switch on lh B pillar, behind drivers seat.

The door switch is giving issues and the fuel flap won't open on the switch. The door open indicator on the dash and interior lights don't come on consistently, when the drivers (Lhd), door is opened.
Its absolutely baltic in my garage right now. The switch does need changing / resoldering, but can the right hand door be programmed to trigger the flap instead allowing the soft slacker that I am to change it properly in warmer weather?

Thanks

Sounds more like your door microswitch is playing up since door open indicator and interior lights not working. Do the interior lights come on if you open another door and door open indicator work. Does the car cycle the central locking when you turn on the ignition and lastly do the alarm and fuel flap switche silluminate when you open the drivers door. If the car does the above definately the drivers door open microswich faulty. Lots of guides to change the lock assembly or to try to repair the microswitch which may just be full of grease and grime.

As far as just opening the fuel flap you could open it manually by removing the rear lights access panel on the fuel flap side and by gently pulling down on the rod on the actuator will release the fuel flap.

This is the same on Albus, intermittent working. that shows that the lock is working and there is power albeit not constantly. As others have said, it points towards the microswitch whether being gummed up or a poor electrical contact that drops in and out.

Audifan, Neil... thanks fo rthe reply... the switch in the door is the culprit and I have been popping the small panel in the boot to access the solenoid manually. The door microswitch is the culprit... why its called a microswitch as its the size of my hand is a misnomer...

In the interim since its freezing here, can the passenger door be programmed to work with the release flap since it triggers the interior lights and dash warning when its opened?

Or do I wait for summer when I change / resolder the microswitch..?

Audifan, Neil... thanks fo rthe reply... the switch in the door is the culprit and I have been popping the small panel in the boot to access the solenoid manually. The door microswitch is the culprit... why its called a microswitch as its the size of my hand is a misnomer...

In the interim since its freezing here, can the passenger door be programmed to work with the release flap since it triggers the interior lights and dash warning when its opened?

Or do I wait for summer when I change / resolder the microswitch..?

The micro switch is about 20mm x 15mm x 4mm
Not exactly large
It is a very small part of the total door lock assy
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The door open microswitch lives behind this little clip on the rear face of the doorlock assembly, as below
1519080845805.png

You can just see the red and blue wires going to it, push the clip off with a screwdriver and clean the microswich, check the tiny seal is still fitted to the microswitch and clean out all the gunk you see above where the microswitch fits. Clean out in both the locked and unlocked position. This MAY cure your problem, but if you have gone this far to remove the lock assembly fitting a replacement lock assembly may be a better option. You should be able to hear the microswitch click when you push and release the little plunger on the switch.
As far as I know there isn't a way of using the other door to operate the fuel flap. You could always run 2 wires to the actuator and connect them to a 9v battery with a switch or just connect the battery when you want to open the flap. Personally I would just reach in the boot and manually pull the rod to open the flap until you can sort the door lock.

Thanks Audifan, that picture is really helpful in describing what and where the issue is. The replacement part I have here has a barcode sticker with 25E 8Z2837015E and after a bit of research I think its the wrong part. It's for a UK spec Rhd car, but the passenger door which although on the same side of the vehicle, isnt the same as a drivers door on a Lhd car...

The part I have has 7 pins on the connector to the car wiring loom...

My car is a 2004 1.4Tdi left hand drive (I live in Germany)... I think I need 8Z1837016E with 8 or 10 pins.

You may have to ask that on the German forums as I do not know the differences between rhd and lhd models.. You could test just the microswitch on the replacement and if better than original solder it onto original lock. If I remember correctly the lock split into 2 parts, one metal mechanical the other black plastic electrical. You could swap the parts over on as I said just swap the microswitch. Try cleaning and testing first. see this thread for more details. http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...-Microswitch-Fault-Repair&p=216712#post216712

Back