Drivers Side Electric Window Not Working

Hey guys,

Drivers side electric window not working, any ideas what it could be and how to check / fix please?

Passengers side working fine just the drivers side being naughty ?

Cheers in advance ??

all

Could be the window motor at fault it has the master control unit incorporated that can be problematic.I have a fully working one here if needed

Thanks
Pete

But does it go down when you hold unlock on the remote or hold unlock with the key in the door? Try resetting it by switching on ignition and holding up button for a couple of seconds on each of the buttons on the DRIVERS door. If still nothing either loose connect on to the door controller or door controller is faulty.

Will definitely try. Do I have to take of door panel to access the switches if it is faulty, how would I go about fixing it please.

First question, has it ever worked?
Does the electric mirror switch work?

It could be any of the following:
  • Driver's side switch faulty
  • Fuse
  • Wiring fault between switch and window regulator
  • Window regulator
  • CCCU
To answer your latest question, unfortunately yes, and funnily enough the switch itself is possibly the hardest bit to change if it is faulty. IMHO It's honestly easier to replace the whole door card than replace a faulty switch.

The window regulators are a relatively inexpensive part (if you get one from some of our parts suppliers on the forum - see marketplace for details) and a relatively quick change.

Sorry to hack your thread but my question is also driver door window related..

Does anybody know (A2 Guru's especially :), if it is physically possible (without modification and regardless which way the window goes when you operate the button), to fit a n/s/f Window regulator to a o/s/f door ??

Hey guys,

So now the remote is not working when holding down trying to put the windows up but was working before?

Passenger side going up and down from that side and drivers side switch but driver side not going up and down and like I said the remote is not working when electric window is down to automatically close the window.

Thank you.

all

Sounds like the door controller is faulty. Door trim off, carefully disconnect the tweeter speaker and door switch plug to get the trim out of the way.Disconnect the remaining connectors on the controller, remove the three bolts holding the unit onto the winder and remove. Refit is reverse, just make sure all plugs are fully on. When refitting the door card the cable for door release is hooked into the handle from below.

Back