E10 Fuel and 1.4

SuttonA2

Hi All
Ive just come across the info about the E10 fuel coming in in September.
Looking on the .Gov site it doesnt seem very clear about what to do with my 1.4 AUA ie can I use the new E10 or do i have to use the E5 but revert to the 98 ron as ive always just used the basic 95 ron unleaded.
If anyone knows for sure about this i would be grateful for your input as Im sure my local Audi dealer wont have a clue and just try to flog me a new car.!
many thanks

Bill

Your 1.4 AUA will be fine, Bill. Anyone running an FSI on 95 ron however... (surely no-one here)

One of several previous threads covering this:

Your 1.4 AUA will be fine, Bill. Anyone running an FSI on 95 ron however... (surely no-one here)

One of several previous threads covering this:
Unless your FSI has the ProBoost ECU. Not run mine on 95RON but apparently OK with their map.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hi
Thanks for your replies

Well I did (see below) but that is what caused my confusion.....
I dont know if the 1.4 AUA is a first generation direct injection engine.....(excuse my ignorance) or not .
Clearly the FSI engine is excluded.

So Steve you're saying to use the E10 ? just double checking.

many thanks
Bill

E10 Fuel Audi.png

So Steve you're saying to use the E10 ? just double checking.
I'm saying that the 1.4 petrol A2s are not direct injection, and that E10 fuel is therefore reported as safe to use.

For other reasons, I prefer to fill my own AUA A2 with either Shell V-Power or Tesco Momentum (both 99 ron) and I expect to stick with that policy going forward. However, were I doing significantly higher annual mileages, I'd happily use the E10 option.

Back