Egr Valve - Gaskets

PETE TAYLOR

Hello , I'm Pete Taylor a new member and most pleased to be part of the Forum . We own a 2002 Reg. 1.6 FSI SE . The car has been in the ' extended family ' since Oct 2016 and has proved to be a real trojan . My problem now is that the yellow engine management light is on all the time . Our mechanic tells us our Exhaust Gas Regulator valve is defective , worn out , and stuck in the shut position . We then ordered a new part via Oldham Audi whose Parts Department were most helpful and ordered the part to come in from Germany . Prior to that our mechanic warned us we would have great difficulty in getting the necessary gaskets to fit the part . Oldham Audi managed to obtain and supply 1 of the 2 gaskets needed . The outstanding gasket is given as Part Number 036 133 073 R . Can anyone please help out in directing me to a company that can source this part . Many Thanks & Regards . Pete

Hi Pete and welcome to the forum :) Hopefully one of the FSI owners on here may have experience of similar issues and have some information to share.

Hello , I'm Pete Taylor a new member and most pleased to be part of the Forum . We own a 2002 Reg. 1.6 FSI SE . The car has been in the ' extended family ' since Oct 2016 and has proved to be a real trojan . My problem now is that 6
1640790805694.png

Remove and clean the connections above, battery Pillar, and both ends of the fuse (150 Amp) link top left. I suspect the supply to the dash has a poor connection. Starter sounds OK, so I'm not suspecting the battery, (still worth checking the battery voltage, if you have a meter though), but it looks like when the starter demands lots of power, the dash supply drops, then recovers once the engine has started.
Mac.

Many thanks to all respondents . The guys at Crewe Audi were extremely helpful . It seems that the part I require is deemed ' obsolete ' . However , it is thought to be a metal gasket so our Garage will have a go at re-using the existing one . Glad I put the posting up . Cheers & Regards . Peter

Back