Engine Readiness Status VCDS

Tomscar

Hi folks ... I only have the unregistered version of VCDS Lite ... I went through all the available modules and was very surprised that there were no Engine or HVAC fault codes showing, not bad for an eighteen year old car.
I did find three intermittent faults on the' Instruments' (module 17) as in the photo attached which I can google but also noticed 'Failed or Incomplete' as below in the 'Readiness Status'
Probably limited to what I can scan but does anyone know if these 'Failed' issues would show up as faults on VCDS Lite??

Engine Readiness Test.jpg
Instrument Module Fault Codes.jpg
I

Did you clear faUlt codes on the engine before checking readiness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI Edwrai, there were no fault codes in the Engine or HVAC to clear, just the ones relating to 'Instruments' as in the second attachment.

HI Edwrai, there were no fault codes in the Engine or HVAC to clear, just the ones relating to 'Instruments' as in the second attachment.

Drive it for a couple of days then check the readiness again

Thanks Edwrai I can do that ... I'm guessing that the 'Failed or Incomplete' messages only relates to whether VCDS is ready to scan for issues and not necessarily that there is a physical problem with any components ... I believe even the Lite version can complete these readiness tests.

Thanks Edwrai I can do that ... I'm guessing that the 'Failed or Incomplete' messages only relates to whether VCDS is ready to scan for issues and not necessarily that there is a physical problem with any components ... I believe even the Lite version can complete these readiness tests.

No it doesn’t it’s to do it the car has passed these tests yet, it’s stored in the ecu

I may have turned off VCDS to soon and not given it time to complete the tests ... does it take a long time to complete?

Could it be the intermittent fault codes in the first attachment relating to the Engine Control Module?

This is unlikely, this is the cluster talking to the ecu

Thanks Edwrai ... I will do as you suggest and wait a few days ... problem is I'm not driving very far in any car at the minute.

Back