Engine undertray

GPW

Hello, I need to replace my engine under tray. It's cracked and tatty. There are some cheaper aftermarket pattern replacements for sale on ebay.

Anyone got any experience of these? Are they any good?

Or anyone got a good spare they don't need and would be willing to pack and post?

Cheers

Hi any links or pics --i think audi want about £90 for an under tray, careful as there are some differences such as diesels have sound deadening petrols don't. I didn't know of any non genuine ones. cheers mike

If your car is a diesel with Webasto additional heating please also be aware of the exhaust from the Webasto which ends up in a bulkhead through the front right corner og the engine undertray. Any mistake here can end with a fire so take care...

I bought a cheap eBay under tray for an Audi A4 Tdi. I was thin and poor quality compared to a genuine part. All I can say regarding longevity is that it lasted 6 months until I sold the car.

If I were keeping the car I would buy the genuine item.

Reactions: GPW
If your car is a diesel with Webasto additional heating please also be aware of the exhaust from the Webasto which ends up in a bulkhead through the front right corner og the engine undertray. Any mistake here can end with a fire so take care...
No webasto to worry about. ?

That is a good find. However, I've just put in some part numbers for stuff I've bought recently and they're all more expensive than getting them from TPS, which is my local supplier and pretty much where every Audi dealership franchise gets parts from too.

Don't be fooled, just cos they're called Trade Parts Services doesn't mean you have to be trade to buy from them. You can go in as Joe Public and order pretty much anything you need and walk out smiling when you realise how much you've just saved.

My Warrington branch is less than 1/2 mile from Warrington Audi. I will never darken the franchise dealership doors again because they are rip-off merchants.

Under tray arrived today. Correct part. Very happy with the service. £100 saving on UK price. Amazing.

Box twice the size of the undertray?

Attachments

• 20180327_153107.jpg
    20180327_153107.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 461
  • 20180327_153229.jpg
    20180327_153229.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 392
That is a good find. However, I've just put in some part numbers for stuff I've bought recently and they're all more expensive than getting them from TPS, which is my local supplier and pretty much where every Audi dealership franchise gets parts from too.

Don't be fooled, just cos they're called Trade Parts Services doesn't mean you have to be trade to buy from them. You can go in as Joe Public and order pretty much anything you need and walk out smiling when you realise how much you've just saved.

My Warrington branch is less than 1/2 mile from Warrington Audi. I will never darken the franchise dealership doors again because they are rip-off merchants.

Link please. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back