Events and socials an idea.

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
Hi

Would it be an idea to come up with an id badge if sorts and a small card that could be used by members at events.

It is just that seeing as many of us never meet face to face until we go to a social or an event when we get there all we see is a sea of cars and faces and it can be a bit daunting to walk up to strangers and say "are you hoolie?" (For example). You might get your face slapped.

I am not talking about professional badges and plaques (the cost wouldn't be justified).

But a business card size card and cheap clear holder and pin might do the job.
Branded with the A2OC logo and a Soave to write your is and real name.
And a half A4 size (the paper not the car) one to leave in the window of the car?

If it can be done cheaply and "low tech" would this not be a way of helping start the conversations etc at events?

Steve B

This is a good idea. The ID for the car could be as simple as a laminated print of the users 'About Me' page on the club profile, as this includes all relavent data and the car spec should the user wish to complete this.

A name badge is also a great idea. I remember the first social I attended was ADI in 2009, and as I'm a fairly 'forward' sort of person I just went up to folk, got talking about their car's and then introduced myself. I've very fond memories of meeting Alan (pamanal) in this way. It's funny, people never really look the way you imagine them :)

It was also amusing to note people who did know each other chatting in wee groups and motioning to some individual's saying 'who's that fella then'

Mind you - for anyone who wants to put faces to names, there is an aged thread entitled 'who are we' somewhere in the archives, and a few members have added a bit of a biography on there.

Last edited:
Back