Exhaust

A2on18's

Let’s talk custom exhausts…

Has anyone had one made for their A2? Has anyone had one with an exposed exhaust tip?

No performance exhaust, but an exposed pipe none the less?

Attachments

• B37E8685-3BEC-4DEB-A040-5C01763BE98E.jpeg
    B37E8685-3BEC-4DEB-A040-5C01763BE98E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 168
As for reference, diameter is 70mm I think and a 30 degrees tapered in order to follow the lines of the bumperlip. Mine is an ATL diesel with a remap, other than that it’s stock. What look are you after?

Let’s talk custom exhausts…
Has anyone had one made for their A2? Has anyone had one with an exposed exhaust tip?

I had a full exhaust made in 2018:

The FSI has very specific requirements regarding its catalytic converters. If your car still has the original cats and they're sound, it's definitely best to leave them in situ, since OEM replacement are not available.

I had a full exhaust made in 2018:

The FSI has very specific requirements regarding its catalytic converters. If your car still has the original cats and they're sound, it's definitely best to leave them in situ, since OEM replacement are not available.
Thanks, was thinking cat back, not going to change performance but I fancy hearing the note a little more

Evening Steve,

View attachment 91892

Maybe a little over the top to some but a consideration?

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks Tom, not sure what it is but that look reminds me of the back of an older BMW X5, I think if it wasn't colour eyed may look better!

I probably will only go with a single side exit, I'm completely undecided though on style, single round or oval. I'm swaying towards something like this but not sure how the cut out will look in the lower section

4008065_1.jpg

Thanks Tom, not sure what it is but that look reminds me of the back of an older BMW X5, I think if it wasn't colour eyed may look better!

I probably will only go with a single side exit, I'm completely undecided though on style, single round or oval. I'm swaying towards something like this but not sure how the cut out will look in the lower section

View attachment 91920
Evening Steve,

There is a few members who have had a custom exhaust fitted who have chose for a single round tailpipe finish that protrudes through the rear bumper/Votex valance. Does look quite nice from what I’ve seen on members threads on here previously.

I’m sure one of them will jump in and share some pictures with you shortly. Not seen anyone with an oval tailpipe finish though but cannot see why the cutout would look out of place.

Have a chat with your custom exhaust technician prior to fitting as they’ll be best placed to advice where it might exist and where the hole needs to be cut. They may even get your A2 on the ramp and show you where to cut if they don’t offer this as part of their package. Interesting enhancement and look forward to the pictures once done.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks, I've used EMP Performance in St Albans several times now so will be heading to them to take a look and get some advice :)

Back