Extreme polish and wax job

A7YJJ

Hi all, now that summer is upon us I'm thinking of giving my A2 a serious polishing and waxing. The goal is to achieve an authentic 'showroom' look. The car is already coated in a good quality car wax (Mer), but I really want to take things to a whole new level! I recently heard about an advanced polish/wax treatment called Modesta BC-05, and wondered if any members are familiar with it. Apparently, this polish/wax treatment can take up to 8hours (or longer) to apply! There is an amazing on Utube showing a BMW435i that's just received this treatment (see link below).

http://youtu.be/99AiE_fPSPU

My tip for waxing, get yourself an electric buffer from halfords with the two handles and a circular waxing pad £15-£20.
tried all the pricey waxes but get the same results with a simple turtle wax £5 a bottle. In my opinion its not the quality of the wax, but the pressure applied in application. Be careful with metallics too much pressure you will remove the laquer..
The buffer will come with two pads one for application and another for buffing afterwards.
I simply only use the applicator pad, apply the wax sparingly and buff to shiny finish rather than waitng for wax to dry and buffing afterwards... Best to work on panel at a time..
this removes any scuffs and leaves with a toughened shiny finish. if your going for showroom shine simply attach the buffing pad afterwards, i dont bother..

i`m a london taxi driver, so well rehearsed in removing scuffs and digs.

good luck, John,

ps, be warned, you will attract female neighbours enquiring if you can do the marks on their cars,,

I have used all sorts.....and the best finish i got was my mate compound polished my car...buffer etc comes up like glass.

Best finish i know of to get that "wet look" gloss is to clay bar then build up sucessive wax layers using pure carnuaba wax.I use Harly pure carnuaba.

Best finish i know of to get that "wet look" gloss is to clay bar then build up sucessive wax layers using pure carnuaba wax.I use Harly pure carnuaba.

Harly wax for me too. Best I've ever used and no buffer machine needed.

A lot of these products are just marketing tricks.

If you look at the intro...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399285956.212342.jpg

8 hours prep on a new car? It must have been machine polished in that 8 hour prep. Most good waxes can achieve that sort of finish after a machine polish paint correction.

Its all in the prep that will give you that glass mirror shine finish.

I have detailed a few cars, even my old A2's.

So i would advise that you have the car paint corrected by a pro detailer and stock up on some good cleaning products from one of the online stores.

Cleanyourcar is a good one!

Agree with comments from Paul. It's all in the prep and you need to correct all the blemishes, swirls and hologram effects caused by various abrasion and the elements over time. Then you can apply whatever products take your fancy and budget.

I bought a machine polisher years back but have always chickened out of using it because I've seen the results of well meaning amateurs following YouTube tutorials and wrecking their finish as a result.

I manage to take a lot of swirls and minor scratches out by hand with Swissvax cleaner fluids and lots of elbow grease but it's far from perfect. now we're past the 10 year mark I'll treat the A2 to a professional refinishing detail before ADI this year.

Just a very good supplier of polishes and cleaning products..
A friend visited them around 2 years ago and bought 5 litre drums of polish, Detailing gloss, interior gloss and exterior plastics cleaner, I have used some of the stuff and it is top gear, the gloss is the same stuff the trade use when valeting and polishing in showrooms, it has that lovely smell that you only get in cars in showrooms!
They are very competitively priced aswell I think my friend paid around £26 for the 5 litre gloss which does a fantastic job on interior plastics and the A2 dash and leaves the car smelling gorgeous

Thanks for all the great advice guys - think I'll try Harly wax, as I've not used it before. I've been using Mer wax as it seems to last for several months (and many car washes) before needing another coat!

Back