Finally got 7 digit postcode on the RNS-E

craigyb

A2OC Donor
Updated my RNS-E MKII today with a new 2015 disk, it now has full 7 digit post code entry and speed cams database.

Cool

Where did you get the disc from? The one disappointment with the RNS E has always been the postcode entry.

Steve B

off the tinternet, i've had it a month or so but not had any dual layer disks to write it to.

From what I understand, this disk will work in any RNS-E for 7 digit postcodes as it does not do a firmware update.

Last edited:
I 100% recommend these guys: [email protected]

AUDI RNS-E Navigation Plus 2015 UK/Europe Map with 7-digit postcodes @ £29.95

At £31.90 to include postage and FREE software update disc.

Works perfectly on both my 2010 TT and 2011 RS3

Free software update disk? The software update is on the navigation disk as standard

Looks like an advertisment to me.

Last edited:
Free software update disk? The software update is on the navigation disk as standard

Looks like an advertisment to me.

To be honest, these are all pirated software and so as a club we cannot recommend any such item.

So if anyone wants to buy the disc, the only recommendation that we can make is for the official software to be purchased.

If anyone decides to buy a pirated disc then that is up to them, there are plenty around, but since I work in the software industry I am opposed to pirated software of any description.

Steve B

Updated my RNS-E MKII today with a new 2015 disk, it now has full 7 digit post code entry and speed cams database.

Cool

Well done, Craig. :) It's somewhat interesting, my RNSE also has a 2015 disk, but no 7 digit postcode or speed camera locations. I assume this is a 'modified' edition?

Matt.

Well done, Craig. :) It's somewhat interesting, my RNSE also has a 2015 disk, but no 7 digit postcode or speed camera locations. I assume this is a 'modified' edition?

Matt.

There are editions with it on and others without it, so you need to get the right one.

Steve B

Full UK postcode functionality on the RNS-E would be amazeballs.
I need this in my life.
Is this the correct OEM part number? 8P0 919 884 CB

Last edited:
Full UK postcode functionality on the RNS-E would be amazeballs.
I need this in my life.
Is this the correct OEM part number? 8P0 919 884 CB

Be careful, a lot of sites list that part number but mention the OPTION of including the 7 digit search, so as OEM disc may well come without it, so please check to make sure.

But this is a great upgrade, the current postcode search is rubbish and lets down this great piece of kit.

Steve B

Over the years, I have enquired many times of "experts" if this could ever be done and I have always had the response that it simply couldn't be achieved! I cannot remember exactly the reason that

was given, but at the time it did seem to make sense? Then searching using "Google" for 7-digit postcode-search upgrade for the RNS-E proved equally fruitless! So a short while ago, I purchased a

"Garmin" Sat-Nav to install in a special compartment in the top of the dash. Not only is this 7-digit postcode search (of course), but it is also has lifetime updating of maps. That included Europe as I

travel there frequently. So I am quite amazed at what "craigyb" has come up with! I'm now going to investigate further! I wonder if "craigyb"'s disc also has speed-camera alerts?

David

I didn't make it, I just downloaded it from the internet, some other clever person has hacked the system for 7 digit postcodes, the speed cam database has been available for several years on the RNS-E. But now they are both combined.

Just be aware that the MK2 RNS-E units do not like copy disks. Mine seems OK, but I have had to replace many copies with originals in the past.

I have been lucky with mine, but I too have heard that the MK2 can be more fussy about "copied" discs.
My 2014 disc with speed cameras loaded fine (or should I say, someone I know did this to their MK2 RNS E and it was fine)

Steve B

I'm not sure if mine is a Mk2 or Mk1 version, Craig? It has the "CD/TV" button and not the "Media" button. I see that the above lister is saying no returns except if faulty? Also says about a "dirty"

laser causing the disc to fail to play. Another lister does allow returns and even sends out TWO discs, in case one doesn't work! Says to discard the "faulty" disc! It could be that it DOES work well, but

I suppose that I have been warned!

David

The first navi-disc I had in my Mk2 unit was a copy version and it stopped working after a couple of months - it seemed to not like reading it during hotter weather.

I have been lucky with mine, but I too have heard that the MK2 can be more fussy about "copied" discs.
My 2014 disc with speed cameras loaded fine (or should I say, someone I know did this to their MK2 RNS E and it was fine)

Steve B

Back