First 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dodd

My A2 TDI SE 2 weeks old, all problems now rectified touch wood, noise caused by gas recirculation valve replaced, noise still exists but only fractionally bad as it was, do other TDI owners still suffer from this? Is this something I just have to accept for the life of the car. Ticking noise coming from the rear loudspeakers caused by a faulty amplifier. Also I've found that the bonnet feels slightly loose on one side and doesn't sit flush with the wing panels, my dealer tells me this is normal? What are anybody else's experiences?
Also I find some of the body panels look slighty different shades in different light, I suppose this is down to the type and texture of the surfaces that are painted,I.E plastic/alluminium. It's just i'm not used to issues such as these having owned 2 A3's which seemed to be better finished and higher quality, on a final note of fuel consumption from an earlier post, daily commmute 58 mpg, motorway at steady 70 mph 62 mpg.

A2 TDI SE dis, symphony, climate, isofix, parking sensors.

Hi dodd,

Welcome to the forum. :)

Ticking noise from the rear loudspeaker is not normal - I have never found this. The only real problem in this area has been with AM reception.
With respect to the panel alignment, my car is spot on. Bonnet is not loose, and wing panels are flush.
Finally regarding the slight colour differences - what colour is your A2?

To be honest, my initial thoughts from reading your post, is that the car may have been in an accident - misaligned panels, unmatched colour panels etc. I assume from 'My A2 TDI SE 2 weeks old, means it is new?

Kaine

Hi Dodd

I had the gas recirculation valve replaced about 6 months ago. It totally cured the noise. Suggest a return trip to the dealer !

The A2 is silver, not been involved in an accident to my knowledge, had 27 miles on the clock when i collected it from the dealer, unless something happened to it between the factory and the dealer? The replacement amplifier has solved the ticking problem, just worries me to have so many quality issues so early on, what's this car going to be like in 50,000 miles?

dodd

Sorry to hear or your problems-unfortunately I've been there too.

I've been in a number of A2's recently and they are all different, quality wise. Some better than others. My latest A2 feels ok so far. I've known people who have done many 1000's of trouble free miles-some only a few hundred and they have problems.

Keep on at the dealer-it's not your fault and he would do the same if he was in your shoes.

Panel fit has been fine on my A2. I too suffered the valve problem on my petrol A2-was told it wasn't fixable first time round-though people on the forum have had it fixed with some success. My present A2 doesn't suffer it-another example of varying quality.

Why does it happen-is there only one guy at a time building A2's, and depending what 8-hour shift is on do you get the good one, the ok one and the awful one?.;)

Oh well-enjoy your A2, make the most of it.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Dodd,

Your dealer is pulling your leg. There is absolutely nothing inferior about the fit and stability of the bonnet – or come to that any other panels. Please do not accept this garbage. Regarding different colours of paint I can only tell you that my own standards are extremely high, and I contend that the paintwork on the A2 is top class. Indeed I know I will receive much support on the forum in stating that paint colour on the A2 is identical regardless of whether the material is plastic or aluminium. This is a credit to Audi, and if your car does conform to these standards then reject the car right now.

Anyway perhaps should regard yourself as lucky that your dealer did not tell you that the ticking noise from your audio speakers was a desirable design feature.

Regards
John Disdale

Absolutely JD. Paintwork on A2 is absolutely top-notch as is the fit of the body panels.

Like Steve who also has a replacement A2 I thoroughly endorse his comments on the variable performance/quality of A2s. The new one is in a different league to the old one - I am talking mechanicals here - the paint and bodywork perfect on both cars.

Jon

I seem to have had the full range of problems Drive shafts, headlights, Radio, etc but the panels and the bonnet have always been sound. I would give your position some serious thought whilst you still have a choice!!!!

Having now done over 3000 miles I still havn't had any problems with the car. The only problem was with the dealer messing me around when I was in the process of buying the car. Has anybody else had problems with their dealers.

Mal2002-may have done!. Just one or two little problem;)....but they have come out the other side with a bit more respect from me.

Just hope it stays that way....

If I were you Mal, I'd ask that question as a new topic then sit back and wait for JD.:D:D

Almost a 1.4SE in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Now now Rob-don't wind the Golf driver up-you know he'll bite!!!:D:D

But only in the nicest possible way:)

I had a loose bonnet when I received the car - it rattled when gong over speed bumps. The dealer made the bonnet fit by adjusting the catches.
Panel fit and paint work is good - no complaints at all.

Out of interest, when the gas recirculation valve has been replaced, has it affected the fuel consumption, i.e. improved it?

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

martinw-good point-in theory you would think so because it is burning off excess fumes, but the tell-tale sign it makes no difference is the pipe leading to the roof of all A2's and the naked flame burning at the top, gas rig style.....:D

I haven't got one of those pipes Steve- how exactly does it attach, and how often do you have to re-ignite the flame? That sounds really cool - no hang on, warm!

martinw-anything over 15mph, or winds gusting force 3 will cause the flame to go out-so you don't have the auto ignition with D-cell batery in the glovebox (just like your average gas cooker)?. I find by pressing the door mirror adjustment button re-ignites the flame.

Wonderful thing-imagination and owning an A2.

I wonder if the popping noise of the flame going out then being re-ignited automatically is what we actually hear when we all blame the exhaust gas recirculation valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back