First post

brianc

Hello Everyone

Im from Nw London and just got my first A2, 2005 tdi with 93500 on the clock, one owner.
Im sure many of you use the facebook page so you will know i got it from Leigh on Sea.

Anyway, looking for a dipstick and Top engine cover and any advice on things to do first. I did give it a check over and it seems good.

Anyway nice to meet you all

Brian

Morning Brian. Not a member on the Facebook page so would be great to see some photos if you have them?

Hi I’m having trouble uploading as the picture is to big. No idea how to make it smaller. Will try later

Seats will need a good clean but the rest will be ok for me.

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg

Wow, red cloth. Now that is VERY rare to see in the UK.

Would look nice with the lower plastics colour codes red, a set of coilovers and some 17 inch Audi wheels from a TT. But then I do like modified A2's :)

Hello Everyone

Im from Nw London and just got my first A2, 2005 tdi with 93500 on the clock, one owner.
Im sure many of you use the facebook page so you will know i got it from Leigh on Sea.

Anyway, looking for a dipstick and Top engine cover and any advice on things to do first. I did give it a check over and it seems good.

Brian

Hi Brian, welcome along - you'll find us a friendly and helpful bunch hopefully :)

I have sent you a PM about the top cover.

Hello Everyone

Brian
Hi Brian,
I can help on the dipstick, I make a pair of replacememnt plastic ends to super glue to your existing broken dipstick cable
They are £5.00 + 80p P&P for a pair
payment via paypal and posted out the next day, there may be other plastic parts that are of interest to you, search for 3D printed parts

Cheers,
Paul

Welcome Brian.. I'm a new A2 owner myself, coming up to 3 weeks now... This is a very friendly and helpful forum.. and I have the confidence that I can ask anything A2 related and get an answer in a short time... Hope your enjoying your A2 as much as I'm enjoying mine..

Hi Brian,
I can help on the dipstick, I make a pair of replacememnt plastic ends to super glue to your existing broken dipstick cable
They are £5.00 + 80p P&P for a pair
payment via paypal and posted out the next day, there may be other plastic parts that are of interest to you, search for 3D printed parts

Cheers,
Paul
Hi
I got one from another member but i needed the bottom bit anyway.
I will have look at the other bits
Thanks

BrianC, what a beautiful A2, congratulations !!

I am also new to the Forum but starts to achieve some experience wrt buying A2s... if the ''red diamond'' was mine... I would have:
  • Changed engine oil and oil filter (plz do not use any low spec.) I use 507 00 from a well known supplier.
  • Changed diesel filter (also consider to change to Depronman ugraded drain plug, which can be used again and again without breaking...)
  • Changed braking fluid (in addition to being a strong safety factor...your sylinders and brake pump will last much longer :) )
  • Top up power steering fluid (located below left side head lamp)
  • If you take out the head lamp use the opportunity to grease threads/bolts with water resistant grease to reduce corrosion
  • Inspect/refresh earthing/ground connections
  • Inspect double floor and boot for water/humidity
  • Inspect hand brake cable
  • If you also check front and rear brakes... your Red Diamound should now be prepared for the next 30000km
I can also recommend the dipstick repair solution from Depronman :)

My last advise is to encourage to always share engine code so all advises will be relevant to your specific car and to tell a little about yourselves. There will be a huge difference wrt which advise one will give to a handyman compared to the son of the nearest VAG dealer :)

dieselfan

BrianC, what a beautiful A2, congratulations !!

I am also new to the Forum but starts to achieve some experience wrt buying A2s... if the ''red diamond'' was mine... I would have:
  • Changed engine oil and oil filter (plz do not use any low spec.) I use 507 00 from a well known supplier.
  • Changed diesel filter (also consider to change to Depronman ugraded drain plug, which can be used again and again without breaking...)
  • Changed braking fluid (in addition to being a strong safety factor...your sylinders and brake pump will last much longer :) )
  • Top up power steering fluid (located below left side head lamp)
  • If you take out the head lamp use the opportunity to grease threads/bolts with water resistant grease to reduce corrosion
  • Inspect/refresh earthing/ground connections
  • Inspect double floor and boot for water/humidity
  • Inspect hand brake cable
  • If you also check front and rear brakes... your Red Diamound should now be prepared for the next 30000km
I can also recommend the dipstick repair solution from Depronman :)

My last advise is to encourage to always share engine code so all advises will be relevant to your specific car and to tell a little about yourselves. There will be a huge difference wrt which advise one will give to a handyman compared to the son of the nearest VAG dealer :)

dieselfan
Some good advise there, thank you

In regards to the clenaing of the seats Brian, Paul @depronman has always said to use stardrops. I gave my donar cream seats a good clean on the weekend using Pauls recomended stardrops and it worked a treat and at £1 a bottle worked far better than more expensive cleaners i've used in the past. I used a very concentrated solution in warm water and used a microfibre to scrub the seats. Ideally though you'd need a wetvac to suck the water out afterwards.

In regards to the clenaing of the seats Brian, Paul @depronman has always said to use stardrops. I gave my donar cream seats a good clean on the weekend using Pauls recomended stardrops and it worked a treat and at £1 a bottle worked far better than more expensive cleaners i've used in the past. I used a very concentrated solution in warm water and used a microfibre to scrub the seats. Ideally though you'd need a wetvac to suck the water out afterwards.

Just bought this for £3.50
Will have to try it now. Is stardrops from Asda as im sure i saw something like that.
IMG_0102.jpg

I get stardrops from home bargains at 79p a bottle - best cleaner for upholstery that I have ever found and at a bargain price
one bottle will clean four seats and the carpet quiet easily
I use it in a vax carpet and upholstery cleaning tool, in as a hot a water as you can hold your hand in. The seats respond very well to hot water cleaning, and the VAX gets most of the water out of the fabric
I tend to clean mine in the summer months when it is possible to leave the car windows down and let some air flow through the car, the seats are dry within the same day that they are started

Back