Fitting Audi front stowage console

Fitting guide for the Audi front stowage console.

By Lee Johnson (Shezlee).

Ive just finished fitting the centre console and it was easy following these instructions. The hardest part is removing the ciggy lighter. I sprayed some silicone lubricant over it and waited 10 mins - it then pushed out.
centre console 001.JPG
Ta
Dave
:)

Last edited:
Ive just finished fitting the centre console and it was easy following these instructions. The hardest part is removing the ciggy lighter. I sprayed some silicone lubricant over it and waited 10mins - it then pushed out.
View attachment 19328
Ta
Dave
Very nice look Dave with the black and platinum leather I've got platinum on platinum!
You get free over socks before entering the car, still got black carpet overmats at the mo but thinking about platinum ones again now the kids aren't climbing in and out! Bless em!

Very nice look Dave with the black and platinum leather I've got platinum on platinum!
You get free over socks before entering the car, still got black carpet overmats at the mo but thinking about platinum ones again now the kids aren't climbing in and out! Bless em!

Thankyou for kind comments Jeff. I did consider a platinum interior swap, which would look great, but i thought i,d leave it original and as you say - sort of easier to keep clean.

Nice rear cup holders. For sale?...

Lol !. Ive just rechecked with Audi Paul and they are now £112 inc VAT. I think dealers are adding at least a pound a month to these cup holders. According to Audi Wakefields computer system there is only one soul black one left to buy - bet theres some more stashed away in Germany though.
Ta
Dave

Thankyou for kind comments Jeff. I did consider a platinum interior swap, which would look great, but i thought i,d leave it original and as you say - sort of easier to keep clean.

Yes so much easier I guess, are you pleased with your heated leather that Timmus did as that's next on the agender for me!

I am very happy with those seats and had a great day out in Lancaster - something to look forward to !.
Ta
Dave

Yes so much easier I guess, are you pleased with your heated leather that Timmus did as that's next on the agender for me!

I have had several cars with heated seats and the Audi heated seats are the best by far.

VERY even heating and excellent temperature control.

You can even leave them on the first setting all day when driving on cold days and it is a gentle warmth.

I have even been using mine this week, just when I get in of a morning.

One word of caution though, I usually wait until the engine has started before switching them on. The last thing you want on a cold morning is a flat battery!! They are only on with the ignition of course but they can be a bit of a drain.

But a GREAT upgrade.

Steve B

Toms just offered a DIS retrofit which is a big temptation. Ive been saving hard for Bose fitting but out of the following which one would you have done first :-

1. DIS
2. Cruise control.
3. Bose
4. Rear electric windows.

His catalogue seems to be growing and i can only afford one job this year but which one .........?.

Toms just offered a DIS retrofit which is a big temptation. Ive been saving hard for Bose fitting but out of the following which one would you have done first :-

1. DIS
2. Cruise control.
3. Bose

His catalogue seems to be growing and i can only afford one job this year but which one .........?.

They are all great mods.

Cruise control is nice, but you don't get a lot of chance to use it
BOSE is great but the standard system in the A2 is exceptionally good anyway
Rear electric windows are also not used often

But DIS is "in your face" all the time, nice to see the MPG, radio station etc.(If you have the right head unit that is)

So for me it is DIS first.

Steve B

Thanks for that Steve - sound advice. I hope i won,t upset Tom too much by asking him to put the Bose system back in the cupboard for another year.
Ta
Dave

Last edited:

1. DIS
2. Cruise control.
3. Bose

Timmus did cruise for me which is great, there seems to be average speed cameras everywhere these days and also good if your unfamiliar with different roads and speeds, 10 out 10 for me!
Rear elec windows as steve said don't get used much, I've had them now in both A2s so can vouch for that.
Dis is my next must after my seats, this would be really nice to know mpg more than anything after getting my first FSI!
Shame it wasn't in my TDI to compare the mpg!
Bose is icing on the cake that I would love but will come last if it's the right price!
I must admit I'm looking forward to A2 day and listen to someone's Bose as I've never heard the difference, it could creep up the list yet,
Cheers jeff

Ive never heard a bose system either - strange how it seems desirable without any sampling but the Bose quality speaks for itself . Does it really make that much of a difference in a car as opposed to your living room ?.
Ta
Dave

Ive never heard a bose system either - strange how it seems desirable without any sampling but the Bose quality speaks for itself . Does it really make that much of a difference in a car as opposed to your living room ?.
Ta
Dave

If you are "into" your music and like it loud then BOSE is great.

At normal volume levels it is a clearer, cleaner sound, but I honestly believe that not everyone could tell the difference.

But when you crank it up on a great track of music, it is GREAT.

Steve B

Lol !. Ive just rechecked with Audi Paul and they are now £112 inc VAT. I think dealers are adding at least a pound a month to these cup holders. According to Audi Wakefields computer system there is only one soul black one left to buy - bet theres some more stashed away in Germany though.
Ta
Dave

I've just bought a beige rear cupholder from the Audi A2 club-dealer in Germany. Got a quote for € 93,40 minus 10% discount, makes € 84,06 + 20% tax : € 100,87. So that is about GBP 75.

I must admit I'm looking forward to A2 day and listen to someone's Bose as I've never heard the difference, it could creep up the list yet,
Cheers jeff

If I can make it to the day, I will crank up the BOSE for you if you want.

Steve B

Back