fitting audi tt front seats

stevieA2

Hi ............

I know a few members have fitted MK1 Audi tt front leather seats . Has anyone ever made a template of of the metal plate needed to fit these.
I thought id ask before any attempt at fitting the pair ive just bought...

I think there could be a line for these brackets if someone has the time to make them up for other members who are looking to upgrade .

Just a thought !

If any available i would be first to buy a set ...

Not a bad question. From what I have heard people tend to weld the seat to the runners/sub-frame, but if an adapter plate is possible then that would be useful and likely to be safer. Scope for someone to see if they can do this.

Steve B

Great.......thanks for the link Spike ....

When i get round to fitting my seats i will document the progress with photos to help others wanting to fit the Mk 1 TT front seats . I will also make a few cardboard templates and these can be transfered to the correct gauge of metal to make the adapter plates. I think these could be useful for others .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nice one Steve. Perfectly in keeping with the spirit of this great club.

Thanks
Steve B

Last edited:
Pail (Depronman) is a wizard with things like this. He might want to see if he can produce them. His range of useful manufactured parts is growing nicely.

Steve B

Pail (Depronman) is a wizard with things like this. He might want to see if he can produce them. His range of useful manufactured parts is growing nicely.

Steve B
Has he went ahead an fitted a pair to his car already ?

No,

But the minute someone mentions a template and something needing to be manufactured I immediately think of Paul. I think he has a workshop worthy of a full blown manufacturer!!!

Steve B

Btw, if there is interest, I could make a "bolt on kit".

All the adaptors, nuts and bolts you'll need to mount a pair of Audi TT MK1 (and many more seats with the same fittings) directly to your precious A2, within just a few minutes. :) Any takers?

YES YES YES YES YES YES and if you missed that its a YES PLEASE from me :) Sign me up, where can I send the money ha ha

YES YES YES YES YES YES and if you missed that its a YES PLEASE from me :) Sign me up, where can I send the money ha ha

Ok, well, would you like to have them painted (black and black only) or not? Trying to figure out how much time it would take to make a set. :)

Ok, well, would you like to have them painted (black and black only) or not? Trying to figure out how much time it would take to make a set. :)

No need to worry about painting because I can do that myself. It may be worth you starting a new thread for this because I know @Sootywg and @stevieA2 Are looking to fit TT seats as well.

Btw, if there is interest, I could make a "bolt on kit".

All the adaptors, nuts and bolts you'll need to mount a pair of Audi TT MK1 (and many more seats with the same fittings) directly to your precious A2, within just a few minutes. :) Any takers?
Im interested

Prices please ............... got a pair waiting to be installed..

Back