Forum Update March 2021

Hi folks,

I've updated the forum software to the latest version. See here for details of this version change:

Note that the 2.2 release includes a number of new features, including forum types. We'll be rolling these out in due course to improve the A2OC experience.

Other things of interest are listed here (custom profile banners, change usernames, progressive webapps (perhaps we can finally drop support for Tapatalk):

Please let me know if you spot any issues.

Thanks,

Ben

Last edited:
Hi folks,

I've updated the forum software to the latest version. See here for details of this version change:

Note that the 2.2 release includes a number of new features, including forum types. We'll be rolling these out in due course to improve the A2OC experience.

Other things of interest are listed here (custom profile banners, change usernames, progressive webapps (perhaps we can finally drop support for Tapatalk):

Please let me know if you spot any issues.

Thanks,

Ben
Great work I believe the effort to keep this site so well run and structured is excellent. I was a member of the TTOC many years ago when I first purchased my Mk1 TT, it was a great source of information and help, however I visited today only to realise that just to view the site forum you have to take our an annual subscription. On this site it is great to see so much information and deal with friendly members at all levels always willing to help. Long live the A2OC

Not sure if it's related, but I have lost the "Preview" option when creating a post. I'm on an Android (Pixel 4a) phone, Chrome browser.
Mac.

Hi Ben,

I have just noticed I can no longer insert pictures in a post. I click on the picture insert icon ("mountain") in the now reduced new post menu bar and the screen jumps as if responding but nothing happens. Normally at this point iOS steps in and requests the source of the picture but this does not appear???

I am using an iPad 2 which I know is becoming outdated as new software will not support iOS 9.3.5.

Andy

Edit. I have now noticed all the items in the new post menu bar do not work.

Last edited:
Further to Andrew’s post @ben there does appear to be an IOS issue.

My iPad works fine with all menu buttons accessible...
8985CFB6-3843-4F51-B635-CBE0E765906F.jpeg

My iPhone X by comparison is working as Andrew’s iPad, everything greyed out, noting I can attach a file using the red text.
93334113-35F4-413F-99ED-B86E9B63F9E3.jpeg

Last edited:
I will investigate further. Please do try clearing your browser cache first.

On my iPhone 7, I see all the buttons.

436FBDAC-6F96-4416-A06A-B0A58BCCF8AC.jpeg

Testing Testing 1, 2, 3...
Here's my screen, on
Android 11, Chrome.
Mac.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210403-182945.png
    Screenshot_20210403-182945.png
    234.8 KB · Views: 165
Hi

So, the loss of preview is by design. It now shows a live preview.

The change to the button layout too. Please review this page which describes all the changes:

If you still see issues, please let me know.

Hi Ben,

I cleared Safari's cache ('Clear History and Website data under safari under Settings) and still nothing in the new post menu bar works.

Sorry to be a pain.

Andy

Back