Forum Update Today

ben

Administrator
Ukraine
Hello,

We are updating the site today to the new form software. This is likely to take a few hours.

We will keep the old site running during the day, however any new posts on the old site from now will not be transferred to the new site.

We'll keep the old site running for a period after the switchover as a contingency measure.

Thanks

Ben

Hello,

The site content has now been migrated to the new software.

We have some outstanding tasks to complete, including:
  • Re-apply SSL certificate
  • Migrate existing 'likes'
  • Fix Gallery slider
  • Adjust colour scheme
  • Update registration process
  • Sync Donations
  • Update FAQs
  • Add legacy redirects
  • Implement Calendar
  • Re-register Tapatalk
Please post any issues that you see here, and we'll address them.

The old site can still be accessed at the following URL:

http://www.old.a2oc.net/

Thanks,

Ben

Last edited:
Great stuff. A new forum for A2OC after more than a decade with vBulletin. Thanks for all the hard work Ben. Hope people like the new site. It'll be fun getting to know the new software.

The Donate should now be live. Note that this is no longer directly linked to the forum software, instead is part of the shop system. So currently we don't get usernames when users donate. We'll look to sync the too - but for now we'll rely on donation e-mail address matching their forum e-mail.

It looks like there are multiple ways to view updates too. 'What's new' 'latest activity' 'new posts'.

Latest activity seems to work very similar to the old 'latest activity' and gives a summary of the post.

Just tried posting a photo from a mobile and it's very easy. Great improvement.

Thanks for your hard work Ben, the new forum is looking good.
I note that I have an option to upgrade my account to allow full forum access for a fee of £2.50 in my profile. Could you confirm what additional functionality this allows please?

Steve

Well spotted Steve.

As part of the new site we're introducing a small fee to gain access to the forums to post. Members will also get a window sticker in return for this.

All previous users automatically have access, so there's no need to update your account (unless of course you want a new sticker).

This will mean that all new members wishing to join from now on will pay £2.50 for access and be sent a complimentary set of stickers to respective addresses. The stickers are in fact worth more than that so hopefully there will not be too many objections. This is not a money generating activity for the club and purely relates to security and spam reduction.

This decision can of course be revisited at a later date once we gauge new member numbers.

Last edited:
As an IT nerd with over 20 years experience and now a self employed IT Service Management consultant to the goverment. Let me extend my well done and congrats on the new site.. I know just how much planning and hard work goes into something like with so well done all involved...

Thanks for the hard work, I will spend time getting exploring the new site and even upload some pictures of Albus once he has been given a good wash.

Back