Free MOT test from Audi Dealers :)

chubbybrown

Audi drivers who privately own an Audi can have a free MOT by using the following link

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/owners_area/Servicing_with_Audi/free-mot.html

Copied T&C from website below:

If your Audi is more than three years old, it must undergo an MOT every year. As an Audi owner you can now benefit from having your next test carried out for free. So you can sit back and relax while we take care of your MOT.

If a repair is required, your car is in the hands of the experts in Vorsprung durch Technik. And what’s more, our Audi Genuine parts and labour come with a two-year guarantee*. Naturally there are no hidden charges and no extra work would be carried out without your permission.

Arranging your MOT through us ensures that it won’t just be your car that receives the highest levels of care and service. As for the price, that couldn’t be simpler. It’s absolutely free.

To claim your free MOT, please register here
Learn more about our Service Promise

Terms and conditions
Offer covers the cost of the MOT test charge. Privately owned Audi vehicles only. Cannot be redeemed for cash. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Re-tests will be chargeable. Excludes Northern Ireland and Channel Isles.

* Excludes wear and tear.

Mines due next month so Im going to phone and see whats the Craic.

I registered and got a voucher,seems simple enough.

Roy

I get a letter off Teesside Audi every year, but never take them up on it. No doubt they'll have to carry out any work, and anyhow, I get mine for free off my brother-in-law :D And any work if required :)

The synical view - A friend is a manager of a dealership in the north west (not Audi) They offer free MOT's because on average they make £130 per car tested. The thing to do is have the car tested a month early and make sure you can take the car away for any remedial work so you don't pay main dealer prices.

Cheers Spike

Thanks for this, need an MOT so booked mine last night with Southampton Audi.

I would have to pay to get one done anyway so looking at this as a free check.

If it passes I get a free MOT.
If it fails I take it away, get the work done myself then pay for an MOT, which I would have had to do anyway with more confidence of a pass :)

Unless of course I have missed some small print somewhere :rolleyes:....

Will let you know how i get on :cool:

Regards

Good luck with Southampton Audi.

They've been less than helpful in all my dealings with them so far.

Had MOT today @ Southampton Audi, passed with a few advisaries.
They did offer to correct them, I declined and they accepted without any fuss, oh and they cleaned and washed the car as well :D

All in all very happy with the experience and saved my cash!

Dont forget to register on the website, print out the coupon and bring it in with the car though!

Many thanks for the tip

They're also doing fixed price discounts on their servicing. 99 and 199 for minor and major respectively. Although a quick check of the small print and what they actually intend to do makes it seem not such a bargain but still the cheaep end of competitive.

agent006, is this a general Audi dealership promotion or only local?

I couldn't find any details on their website, do you have a link please.

Here are the links,

Free MOT
http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/owners_area/Servicing_with_Audi/free-mot.html

Discounted servicing
http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/owners_area/Servicing_with_Audi/pricing.html

and I was also informed when we bought the car from Teesside Audi that we were entitled to free MOT's for life, and a discount on the labour rate and any parts fitted. This still makes it expensive, but perhaps not as ridiculous! I think it was called "Premier 3", since the vehicle has to be over 3 years old, and purchased from as an approved used Audi. Not sure if this is widely advertised, or is even a country wide promotion?

David

I called today and booked mine
I didnt mention the voucher but they told me where to go and get it after asking was I private or a company.
I was quite upfront about not wanting anywork and will remove if it fails.
;)

Well to cut a long story short Mine passed :p:D

they did however suggest two new rear tyres as they were at 2mm.

Car was returned washed and hoovered.
They also paid for a taxi to my house which was surprising but seeing they MOT it next door,it wasnt!]

All in All worth going through it all to save £53.10 :cool:

Back