Front bearings maybe???

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom

Just a short video.
I'm getting a knocking from the front offside area whilst driving over the smallest of bumps, I've changed the drop links and it didn't cure it.
I was about to change the ARB bushes just half hour ago and when I took the wheel off I noticed this knocking noise as shown in the video above.
I've taken the nearside wheel off and there's no knocking from that one.
I've checked as many nuts and bolts around the area and all seems tight.

It doesn't seem to be, but then again I've not really listened.
I'll get the wheels back on after I've changed the ARBs and take it out.

Are you sure the sound in the video does not come from the play between disc and hub (as the wheel screws are missing)?

Not sure, it's given me concern because the opposite side with the wheel off doesn't make any noise whatsoever..

I've put the wheel back on and tightend the wheel nuts. With the car still off the ground there is no longer a click knock sound, so I'm assuming that joga was correct, even though the other hub was making no sound with the wheel off.

Spot on Joga. John I would remove the wheel again, then the caliper and disc. Make sure the hub and disc mounting surfaces are clean with no grit or rust. If you want to ( I do not ) you can put a small amount of anti seize on the hub before fitting the disc and secure the disc with the single screw using the correct sized bit to avoid damage. It only needs to be nipped up. Refit the caliper and road wheel.

Just a short video.
I'm getting a knocking from the front offside area whilst driving over the smallest of bumps, I've changed the drop links and it didn't cure it.
I was about to change the ARB bushes just half hour ago and when I took the wheel off I noticed this knocking noise as shown in the video above.
I've taken the nearside wheel off and there's no knocking from that one.
I've checked as many nuts and bolts around the area and all seems tight.
Sounds like a shot ball joint under no load with wheel removed & off the ground, simple pry bar test.

Back