Front foglights retrofit.

Audironald

United-Kingdom
Hello all. I am sure many of you have been here before.
I wish to refit front foglights to my 1.4 petrol A2. I am not too sure if the wiring loom is in situation. Can this be done?

Many thanks.

Hello,

As part of Audi’s mission to keep the weight of each A2 to a minimum, no wiring looms were installed for any optional extras other than those fitted at factory. The only exception to this rule is heated wing mirrors; you’ll find that the wiring looms for this upgrade are already in place. With every other optional extra that you care to mention, additional wiring looms will always be required. These are mostly unavailable on the open market and need to be custom fabricated.

This thread will give you an idea of what’s possible…

Cheers,

Tom

Yes it can be done, I had Timmus retro fit mine, don't forget you will also need to change the light switch to the that has fog lights

Afternoon,

This thread may be of some help which is what I’ll use if I ever get round to fitting front fog lights to the 250 A2.

It seems that the supply for the fog lights is present from the light switch to a certain connector in the passengers A Pillar.

Have a read through the link and the links contained within it and you’ll come to understand that all this might be required is to locate the specific pin within connector that has this supply in the passengers A Pillar and then take that feed to the fog lights themselves. You’ll also require an Earth which can be found in the same area as the connector in question or in the engine bag.

If you already have a fog light able headlight switch I guess trial and error with a multimeter will quickly give you the answer.

Simply swap over the headlight switches, switch the ignition on and turn the fog lights on. Using your multimeter tested every possible pin for 12v on the connectors described in the links. Be very careful not to arc anything as you will cause electrical faults and possibly injury.

Once you’ve found a 12v supply turn off the fog lights and see if you still have 12v on that pin. Once you’ve found the pin that only goes 12v live with the headlight switch switched to front fogs on you will have cracked it.

Then take a feed from that pin through the bulkhead (along with the Earth from the A Pilar) to the fog lights. For safety and best practice use separate wires of the correct guage to each fog light.

If the above text or information on the links seem just too much then I can highly recommend Tom @timmus for this kind of work. He will have this done for you in no time at all. Send him a PM to get booked in.

Edit: Tom @timnus has already seen your post. You’re in good hands.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back