Front Suspension Arms, checking if these are the correct ones on Ebay?

Hi Guys

Sadly my Audi A2 1.6 petrol failed its MOT due to rusting from suspension wishbones.

I believe reading a while ago someone recommended these Cast Wishbones from Ebay and wondered if they are the correct ones to use and worthwhile:????

Thanks

Russ

believe reading a while ago someone recommended these Cast Wishbones from Ebay and wondered if they are the correct ones to use and worthwhile:????

Well, I bought them and have recommended them here. They are made in Germany by Optimal and are absolutely fine. The cast wishbones shown in the listing are unmodified Lemforder castings. The wishbones you get supplied are identical, but the Lemforder part numbers have been ground out.

Do not, however, buy from that listing. The same seller offers the same wishbones without the droplinks here:

If you do need new droplinks, you should buy Meyle HD ones, which are generally acknowledged as superior to everyone else's.

Hi, I have ordered from this supplier and it was an awful experience. As you can see from the description - no information about maker.
They sent Delphy parts, the parts were in the box without protectiv packaging. One ball joint rubber was completely damaged. The seller didn't want to respond, so I have to use ebay resolution centre.
Regards.

Hi, I have ordered from this supplier and it was an awful experience. As you can see from the description - no information about maker.
They sent Delphy parts, the parts were in the box without protectiv packaging. One ball joint rubber was completely damaged. The seller didn't want to respond, so I have to use ebay resolution centre.
Regards.
Oh crap was about to order them!!!

I have ordered from this supplier and it was an awful experience. As you can see from the description - no information about maker.

Delphi are a UK company who contract to have parts manufactured in China. They are most certainly not TUV OE quality.

The parts in this listing are branded as Optimal, a reputable German company.
The left side part number is G6-864:

The right side part number is G6-869:

I had no problems whatever with the seller, and the arms really were spot on.

Last edited:
Unfortunately more items are being "drop shipped" direct to the purchaser and often the seller has no control or even sight of the products.

Unfortunately more items are being "drop shipped" direct to the purchaser and often the seller has no control or even sight of the products.

Indeed. I recently bought a 'genuine Bosch' coil pack from RTG only to end up being sent a Delphi knock-off which of course went straight back.

I don't think the cast arms in this specific listing are being drop shipped, and the original Lemforder arm's appearance is in any case sufficiently distinctive to stand out from the cheaper versions offered by this seller and others.

If the OP has any doubts as to what he'll be getting, he could contact the seller and ask whether or not he'd be getting the Optimal arms whose part numbers I've already posted in this thread.

Last edited:
Indeed. I recently bought a 'genuine Bosch' coil pack from RTG only to end up being sent a Delphi knock-off which of course went straight back.

I don't think the cast arms in this specific listing are being drop shipped, and the original Lemforder arm's appearance is in any case sufficiently distinctive to stand out from the cheaper versions offered by this seller and others.

If the OP has any doubts as to what he'll be getting, he could contact the seller and ask whether or not he'd be getting the Optimal arms whose part numbers I've already posted in this thread.
Thanks, I have emailed the seller and hopefully they will confirm what you said about the brand of the suspension arms etc.

Russ

If you want a part in "Optimal" brand package, look at http://www.spring-loaded.co.uk/. It used to be the cheapest place to get "Optimal" parts. But it is a lottery, it could be any breand inside.

That's a useful recommendation.
G6-864 here:

G6-869 here:

Thanks, I'm hoping they will be a reputable company and almost a third cheaper and if they are claiming they are genuine Optimal parts I guess it's worth a try!!!

I'd be thinking the same. It's unfortunate that PayPal protection is nowhere near as good as eBay's.

Please let us know how you get on.

I'd be thinking the same. It's unfortunate that PayPal protection is nowhere near as good as eBay's.

Please let us know how you get on.
Will do, hopefully the wishbones will be here in a few days, might try and replace them this Friday, will let you know how I get on !!!

Will do, hopefully the wishbones will be here in a few days, might try and replace them this Friday, will let you know how I get on !!!
Just got an email informing me the the wishbones/ control arms will be dispatched from the Optimal UK Supplier and should be with me Wednesday/ Thursday, fingers crossed I guess!!! Will update on them when they arrive

Hi Guys

Well the wishbones/ control arms turned up on Wednesday and they do appear to be the correct Optimal parts, one came in a sealed Optimal bag whilst the other was in an open Optimal parts bag (I'm hoping it's okay and not an issue, was missing a little paint on one piece). They both look identical, well mirror images of each other and have the Optimal logo on the ball joint metal plate, so they are hopefully the correct items and are of good quality.

DSC_4418.JPG
I'm hoping to be able to fit them tomorrow with a friend, fingers crossed!!!

Attachments

• DSC_4422.JPG
    DSC_4422.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_4425.JPG
    DSC_4425.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_4427.JPG
    DSC_4427.JPG
    267.7 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_4413.JPG
    DSC_4413.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_4426.JPG
    DSC_4426.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 59
Hi Guys

Sadly my Audi A2 1.6 petrol failed its MOT due to rusting from suspension wishbones.

I believe reading a while ago someone recommended these Cast Wishbones from Ebay and wondered if they are the correct ones to use and worthwhile:????

Thanks

Russ

May I give you my experience, I put these on last year and the ball joints are hanging out them, I have bought pressed sheet with replacement ball joints to rectify

May I give you my experience, I put these on last year and the ball joints are hanging out them, I have bought pressed sheet with replacement ball joints to rectify

My experience thus far has been entirely positive.

I had these professionally fitted a little over two years ago, along with new bushes and shock absorbers, and they remain in excellent condition, with no signs of wear whatever.

If the bushes are not working properly, or the shocks are past their best, then the ball joints have to work far harder and won't last as long, no matter who made them.

I had them professionally fitted too, by myself, so I know what you are saying about knock on effect via shocks etc I’m a mechanic and tester, better with the ones with replacement ball joints IMHO
Kind regards

Back