Fuel consumption on small DIS

Vic

Today i tried to add fuel consumption line in my small DIS and it worked! 2001 AMF.

Thanks to @bono05 for this information.

You need to change code in [17] - Instrument Cluster. Need to change last digit to 5.
But question is what this change does to a2 besides adding fuel line in DIS? In VCDS i see that this number (from 0 to 5) changes TDI engine to 1.2 TDI.

And maybe somebody can tell what options are activated in my old code 09130 and new 09135 ?

I may be wrong here, but try this for a theory
ignore the leading 0
the 9 = 1 for the 34 litre tank and 8 for the TDi 1.4 therefore add them together and you get 9
the 1 makes no sense as 1 is rest of world and I would have expected 4 for UK
the 3 = 3 cylinder
the 0 = TDI excluding 1.2

I would expect 09430 would be the correct codding for a UK spec 1.4 TDI with the AMF engine and 34 litre tank
and change to 09435 to fool it into thinking its a 1.2 and therefore activate the litre per 100km

I'm just off to read my own TDI and will post back with its code

cheers,
Paul

Reactions: Vic
have you noticed your display of distance is now in KM
is this a result of changing the coding last digit from 0 to 5 ???

My a2 is LHD and need to be km. Soi think i need code for the rest of the world. So 09130 and new 09135 are correct for 2001 AMF?

Question do you need to SKU to make this change? As it wouldn’t take on my 1.4 petrol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not think that knowing the SKC would make any difference
Do you have the none shareware version of VCDS/vagcom ?

Further details below on the coding of instrument cluster from the Audi Manual:

Encoding table:

XX​
Optional extra/gearbox version​
08​
20l tank - 1.2l TDI engine - 085 Direct-shift gearbox
34l tank
Seat belt warning active
1.4l petrol engine - 02T gearbox
1.4l TDI engine - 02J gearbox​
X​
Country version​
9​
Germany (D)
RoW/Left-hand drive
USA (US)
Canada (CDN)
Great Britain (GB)
Japan (JP)
Saudi Arabia (SA)
Australia (AUS)
RoW/Right-hand drive
JP/Right-hand drive​
X​
Number of cylinders​
3​
3-cyl.​
4​
4-cyl.​
X​
Engine versions​
5​
TDI engine
Petrol engine
1.2l TDI engine​
Notes:
  • ◆ Encoding of optional extras/gearbox versions is also possible for several combinations, depending on vehicle equipment.
  • ◆ If a vehicle is fitted with several encodable optional extras and/or gearbox versions, the code is to be entered as the sum of the individual code numbers.
Example:
  • ● 34l tank and 02T gearbox = 01 + 04 = 05

Well that was easy, does anyone know
(a) how to adjust it for accuracy
(b) is it an average from the 'beginning of time', last fuel fill, last x number of miles
(c) any way to reset it to zero

From what I can see its seems to be based on since last fill up, which is not bad in that I towed a petrol A2 for 10 miles of the 47.5 on the trip, and the rest was an 8 mile commute to and from work on B roads
My normal MPG since the EGR guts where removed and a fix of a motor way run and works commuting is 68 to 72 depending on the mix of motorway running

Happy with 63mpg on the running since I filled up

Top marks to @bono05 for the recoding information - how did this stay under the radar for so long :)

cheers,
Paul

It shows the exat consuption when you are driving and changing on real time. But i do not know what it shows when you turn on the car...

This coding is related to the type of gearbox you have?
What is the coding for a 1.4 petrol LHD 2001
Tryed 05145working

Last edited:
(b) is it an average from the 'beginning of time', last fuel fill, last x number of miles
The full DIS installed on the A2 as original equipment either shows mpg as a 'live' figure, or (unless the system has been reset) calculated as an average of the last maybe 500 or 600 miles. That is the figure displayed when you turn the engine on, even if the continuous display goes 'live' once you start moving.

thinking whether the replacement from 1.4TDI (0) or petrol (2) to 1.2TDI (5) will not remove the alerts related to the engine or other parts of the car...

Last edited:
I would not think that knowing the SKC would make any difference
Do you have the none shareware version of VCDS/vagcom ?

I do have a full version, can confirm this doesn’t take on a 1.4petrol. Can’t confirm on my diesel as it has DIS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back