Fuel filler flap

A2on18's

When I got the car a few weeks ago this released fine by the button but now doesn’t work.

Button is intact, what’s the first thing I should look for to fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the interior light come on when you open the driver's door? Often that and the fuel flap have the same cause - a microswitch issue in the door lock. The car doesn't recognise that the driver's door is open so it doesn't activate these functions. @timmus has sorted at least five of these in the last two weeks at my place. If that's what's happening on yours, I'd seriously suggest grabbing one of the last available slots in early July. Meanwhile as a workaround, you can pull the cover behind the right hand rear light cluster. That will allow you to access the rod from the release solenoid, pull it down to open the fuel flap.

Does the interior light come on when you open the driver's door? Often that and the fuel flap have the same cause - a microswitch issue in the door lock. The car doesn't recognise that the driver's door is open so it doesn't activate these functions. @timmus has sorted at least five of these in the last two weeks at my place. If that's what's happening on yours, I'd seriously suggest grabbing one of the last available slots in early July. Meanwhile as a workaround, you can pull the cover behind the right hand rear light cluster. That will allow you to access the rod from the release solenoid, pull it down to open the fuel flap.

Thanks, yes the interior light comes on…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back