gangsteller clicking noice

ahmad taher

Hi, im about to drive about 8500 km with my audi a2 that has 300 tkm on it

my question is a wierd sound began appearing from the gangsteller when shifting, it happened after i installed a new clutch slave cylinder, the cylinder is working fine and the car switches through gears very smoothly, though the gangsteller is making loud clicking noises
(the noise is kinda loud i can hear it from inside the cabin with all doors and windows closed. the clicks follows how many moves the gangsteller has to make to get into gear, 1 and 2nd gear 2 clicks, 3 and 4 1 click and 5 2 clicks, the car switches very smoothly and goes through grundinstilling no problem) that didnt happen before i changed the clutch cylinder.

i am thinking it maybe is the pressure in the hydralic system because the pump starts every 2 shifts and only 9 ticks in the scope view in vagtech program.

i checked all the values of the sensors and they look fine to me

any thoughts on if this needs to be fixed before making the long drive through Europe or if its me thats just paranoid?

and do u guys have any recommended things i should check before, i am largly unexperienced with cars and the 3L platform.

Attachments

• IMG_20220616_223531_1.jpg
    IMG_20220616_223531_1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 87
Is the clutch actuator correctly seated in its mount? I suspect not.

If you are only getting two changes before the pump restarts, you probably need a new accumulator.

RAB

its seated up against the metal part and in tye metal parts that clings around it, locked into the notch, thats hoe it should be right?

Attachments

• IMG_20220623_111212.jpg
    IMG_20220623_111212.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 86
I can't see from your photograph. Watch to see what happens with someone else changing gear.

RAB

Either but it will probably be the actuator if anything.

RAB

Also check for anything loose on the gear actuator. Check that it's mounted securely - it shouldn't move at all. Check that there's no wear in the linkage - at 300 tkm, I'd be surprised if there wasn't any. You have to remove the insulation and get underneath for that.

On the other hand, you should expect some noise when you change gear. It is a mechanical box after all.

RAB

me and my brother lifted the car and tjekked if there was any movment, there was not any.

tho i noticed that the lower i made the actuator V the lower the noise was, i just lowered it 0.02v and the clicking noises made a significent volume decrease. so o think i figured that out, thx a lot

also replaced the accumelator and its still on 2 shift intervals, i took it from my lupo 3l and it has and had 5 to 6 shift intervals, even with the old from the audi a2, is it possible the system is losing pressure from another place?

You might try changing the pressure sensor. The current one may be over-reading, i.e. it is sensing that the pressure is higher than it actually is.

RAB

Just for information.
My gearshifts have been audible inside car since i bought it in 2019. So i did not think it as something to worry about.

Did you have engine undertray fitted when testing, maybe it just made a little more noise than usual. Or were you in a garage where sound reflects better... It is pretty flimsy car and some noise is expected from gearchanges.

Just for information.
My gearshifts have been audible inside car since i bought it in 2019. So i did not think it as something to worry about.

Did you have engine undertray fitted when testing, maybe it just made a little more noise than usual. Or were you in a garage where sound reflects better... It is pretty flimsy car and some noise is expected from gearchanges.
good point no undertray, and in a garage, but ye maybe its just me that noticed it now, i havent hard the undeetray on in a few days, i appreciate the diffrent views on it, rlly helps instead of just digging a deeper hole 😁

Is the noise similar to that made during a basic setting? Some owners have stopped basic settings because the noise was so loud without the engine running! It's just not so audible with the engine running.

RAB

Normal then probably. However, if you plan taking a long trip in Europe, get some breakdown insurance, including recovery. There aren't many places in Europe that will be able to fix a 1.2Tdi transmission!

RAB

Normal then probably. However, if you plan taking a long trip in Europe, get some breakdown insurance, including recovery. There aren't many places in Europe that will be able to fix a 1.2Tdi transmission!

RAB
roger that, and thx rab and max, the car is running very very smoothly, like new now and it was the pressure sensor causing problems😁

roger that, and thx rab and max, the car is running very very smoothly, like new now and it was the pressure sensor causing problems😁
Good outcome. I am in a similar situation, but havent found any way to reduce the noise ( like loud click) during shifts. How could you pinpoint the pressure sensor? And where is it 🙂?

i generally dont like messing with sensors so my mechanic solved that for a fee, and im very in experience

the clicking noise i reduced dramaticly by lowering the clutch slave cylinder voltage to 1.83v is the sweet point for mine, it was on 1.89v, even tge slightest change proves usefull
(u change it by loosning the 2 bolts 10mm and 13mm that are on the end of the clutch slave cylinder wire and sitting on the clutch lever. then u adjust it while looking at the computer values and then tighten them again when it looks about right, it can be very tricky)

u can try to play around with it in the vagtech software under "02 automatic" and then "basic settings" and then the block 014 i think in the 3 display

u have to do basic setting again after u play with it for the best results

im by no means a pro or mechanic, this is just my experience and what i did

i generally dont like messing with sensors so my mechanic solved that for a fee, and im very in experience

the clicking noise i reduced dramaticly by lowering the clutch slave cylinder voltage to 1.83v is the sweet point for mine, it was on 1.89v, even tge slightest change proves usefull
(u change it by loosning the 2 bolts 10mm and 13mm that are on the end of the clutch slave cylinder wire and sitting on the clutch lever. then u adjust it while looking at the computer values and then tighten them again when it looks about right, it can be very tricky)

u can try to play around with it in the vagtech software under "02 automatic" and then "basic settings" and then the block 014 i think in the 3 display

u have to do basic setting again after u play with it for the best results

im by no means a pro or mechanic, this is just my experience and what i did
i also changed my gear oil, that also improved and helped with reducing noice

Back