Gel / 3D numberplates

andrewparkeruk

A2OC Donor
I like the look of pressed aluminium numberplates, and when I received and fitted my A2OC numberplate holders, fully intended to go down that route ... but then I couldn't find a manufacturer who did them without a black border, so didn't proceed.

Recently I have seen UK road legal 3D Gel numberplates, and am quite taken with them
1178293-main.jpg

I wonder if anyone here has fitted them to their A2, and if there is a manufacturer you are happy to recommend?

Thank you, Andrew

Last edited:
I like the look of pressed aluminium numberplates, and when I received and fitted my A2OC numberplate holders, fully intended to go down that route ... but then I couldn't find a manufacturer who did them without a black border, so didn't proceed.

Recently I have seen UK road legal 3D Gel numberplates, and am quite taken with them
1178293-main.jpg

I wonder if anyone here has fitted them to their A2, and if there is a manufacturer you are happy to recommend?

Thank you, Andrew
Guilty. Got mine from ... https://www.platesforcars.co.uk/
1 set 3D gel black and 2 sets 3D gel carbon. Had no complaints other than incorrect spacing for mot!
This site has a neat designer app built in, and producta are 1st class, although not the cheapest about.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I've used these on my plates. I made the complete assembly and the plate material is a "3M" special material. It's reflective and translucent. The complete number plate is uniformly back-lit. So the only way i could get the registration numbers onto the plate was using those 3D numbers/letters. I purchased them on Ebay and they look superb!

David

I also got mine at plates4cars. I'll take a close up pic at the weekend (she is garaged away from my house). They look really good and fit well with the number plate surrounds

You can, of course, just stick them over your existing registration characters. It does give a little "bling" to your A2, I.M.H.O. They stick very firmly, too. They ARE permanent!

David

Back