Genuine A2 armrest??

TYP 8Z

Whilst browsing the A2 book the other night I spotted that in one official/ press Audi photograph, between the two front seats, an armrest is clearly visible!

That is quite amazing and frustrating....Amazing as Audi never offered this option (it would have looked good) frustrating because I personally believe that an armrest is an essential comfort feature that should have been offered as an option. I have installed a Kamei on mine, and whilst I really dislike the look, I could not live without now.

In that photo it would be completely covering the handbrake and possibly the gearstick. I can see why they didn't run with it :)

In that photo it would be completely covering the handbrake and possibly the gearstick. I can see why they didn't run with it :)
Indeed, perhaps this picture was of a semi-final prototype, with bits still missing.....none the less quite interesting to see what it could have looked like

I bought a golf (Mk4 I think) armrest some years ago though have yet to make time to fit it. Plan was to use the rear cubby for the mount(as oem in golf I think). I'd imagine there's enough skill in the forum to manufacture something, must dig out the parts to check.

The A6 4B armrest also hinged into a mount at the back of the central console housing rather than the seat - as suggested above if an adaptor fitting into the cubby hole over the handbrake adjuster could be fashioned that might be easier than trying to drill into the seat frame.

Idk, but to drill a hole in seat and tighten a nut is easyer than make an adapter, cut plastics etc. :D

I bought a golf (Mk4 I think) armrest some years ago though have yet to make time to fit it. Plan was to use the rear cubby for the mount(as oem in golf I think). I'd imagine there's enough skill in the forum to manufacture something, must dig out the parts to check.
Did you ever fit the armrest? I'm looking at them and wonder how hard it would be.

There was another thread discussing this issue a few months ago where someone pointed out that there is a threaded hole in the driver seat frame exactly where it would need to be to take a VAG oem arm-rest, possibly also found on the contemporary Golf?

There was another thread discussing this issue a few months ago where someone pointed out that there is a threaded hole in the driver seat frame exactly where it would need to be to take a VAG oem arm-rest, possibly also found on the contemporary Golf?

Mk4 golf the arm rest is independent to the seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be the Sydmeko armrest.

That would be the Sydmeko armrest.
Hi all.
Search for kamei audi a2 on ebay. They make an armrest that bolts to the front seat runners (rear bolts). A bit expensive but kamei make quality styling parts.
View attachment 67456

Thanks Folks, the question was really around the MK4 armrest being fitted to see if it had been done. I'm not brave enough to cut my seats to fit the armrest and I'm not keen on the look of the Kamei

My Volvo has one on the top of its extended centre console, it's great because the handbrake is well forward of it and it doesn't get in the way. If I couldn't get to the handbrake easily/properly I think an armrest would annoy me. But they still look comfortable and tempting!

Back