Genuine Floor mats

Chris93

Do Audi still make Mats for the a2? I want a set of beige velour ones not sure if anyone knows if they are still produced and rough cost?

Thanks

Do Audi still make Mats for the a2? I want a set of beige velour ones not sure if anyone knows if they are still produced and rough cost?

Thanks
Afternoon Chris,

To the best of my knowledge, I understand it that Audi no longer produce the Twist floor mats. I recently had Tom @CreweAudi on a wild goose chase trying to locate a set.

It seems the only way forward right now is after market which tend to come with black fixing rings. These can be swapped over for the Twist fixings if you can find some from a worn factory set though.

Kind regards,

Tom

Ah ok, I figured this might be the case…

Any recommendations on aftermarket suppliers which are a good colour match and quality?

Thanks

Ah ok, I figured this might be the case…

Any recommendations on aftermarket suppliers which are a good colour match and quality?

Thanks
I suspect you'll struggle. My own experience (not needing mats, but hoping for an upgrade) was covered here:

The mats I bought (and subsequently returned) were not a good fit, and the fixings were a different shape entirely, so transferring the fixings over from a worn Audi set was simply not possible.

If I were to want to try again at any point, I'd start off by buying a really cheap thin set to clarify the basics around accuracy of shape and fit.

I suspect you'll struggle. My own experience (not needing mats, but hoping for an upgrade) was covered here:

The mats I bought (and subsequently returned) were not a good fit, and the fixings were a different shape entirely, so transferring the fixings over from a worn Audi set was simply not possible.

If I were to want to try again at any point, I'd start off by buying a really cheap thin set to clarify the basics around accuracy of shape and fit.
Is it worth buying a bit of nylon carpet, as close a match as possible, then get a carpet shop to cut it to same shape and size as OEM, then apply whipping all round the edges? Transfer fixings from knackered mats.
Cyril Lord (aka Mac) ?

Back