Get well soon Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdo

Admin Team
Scotland
A virtual Get Well Soon card and the fondest of A2OC best wishes to club stalwart @spike
Spike is currently in hospital battling an infection and doing well. I'm in touch with his wife Jan to keep updated.
This very private man is one of the cornerstones of this lovely wee club having been around from the start and an A2 owner since buying one as a retirement gift to himself in March 2001. Taking his screen name from a family cat 🐱- it's been a privilege to know Spike (Graham) through the forum and later in person. Always helpful. Always steadfast. Largely responsible for the tone and community feel of the club. An ambassador for the A2 and A2OC.
Forum regulars will likely all have been assisted by Graham at some stage, particularly when our search function on the forum was woefully bad. I used to think we didn't work harder to update that because we had a Spike!
Encyclopaedic like knowledge and an amazing knack for remembering legacy posts on the forum and quietly directing members in the right direction.

Before I met Spike I used to picture him like Gandalf. The wise auld wizard..when I met him my instinct wasn't far away. I'm proud to know him and more proud of what he's contributed to this community over nearly 20 years.

So a fare thee well Spike and get well soon. A2OC wishes you a quick recovery πŸ™ 😍

Last edited:
The very warmest of get well soon messages Graham.

As Murdo says, you are a stalwart of A2OC, you posses an encyclopaedic mind and memory, you are an engineer of impeccable standing and above all, you are one of life’s gentlemen, sincerity, honesty and integrity at the forefront of who you are.

You are as missed on these pages by your A2OC family as you are missed by your beautiful wife Janet.

I hope that you find a window to drop by and that the sincere words of affection and love serve as added encouragement to beat your illness.

Looking forward to the return of Gandalf, aka Spike, aka Graham, aka one of life’s good guys.

Evening Graham @spike,

I do hope you're reading this post and of course the rest of this thread whilst on the way to a fast and full recovery. All the very best from all of us at 2work Towers, mend well and quickly Sir. I agree with Murdo's comment regards Gandalf, you have helped so many of us with your lightning replies to posts sharing helpful links, which I have personally benefited from many times over the years on this fine Club.

All the very best.

Kind regards,

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back